K03s - k03s hybrid

Ash jacko

cupra all the way
Apr 10, 2012
burton-on-trent
Hi people can some one plz tell me what the difference is between the k03s and k03s hybrid? and r they reliable as my car is a every day car looking at getting one and can some one explain to me what a unsilenced one is there is that many things to take in with these engines my minds on over load lol

Jaycupra51

Mar 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hi k03s is off a Leon Cupra/golf gti/vrs
Ko3s hybrid is a ko3s turbo with the insides of a ko4 turbo
Which would need bigger maf/injectors/fpr/fuel pump
Ko3s 240 bhp
Ko3s hybrid 250bhp upwards depending on supporting mods
Life span depends on the way u drive/bhp/and start up and shutdown like most turbos
Silenced and unsilenced is exactly that ones a bit louder the other quieter

Ash jacko

cupra all the way
Apr 10, 2012
burton-on-trent
Thanks mate I understand it now theres is so much to take in with these.
There's a big gain really then suppose after all that we're looking at internals money pits lol

Jokerman261

James
Apr 9, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Mine has been reliable thus far for daily duties, the car can be mapped to safely use a hybrid on standard internals. The unreliable bit is everything else...sensors, mafs, coils, perished hoses, leaky pipework, vac leaks, clutches, brakes etc etc. Upping the power will expose all the weak links in the car.

The other problem of course is...you always want more power haha

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
yes a k03s is a direct bolt on turbo, it's basically the same turbo same fittings cold side and hot side the only difference is internally :), oh and it only has one pipe to the actuator where as the k03 has two!!

Ash jacko

cupra all the way
Apr 10, 2012
burton-on-trent
Sound cheers for that. Big gutted it ain't got the s on tho just gonna go put the lot on now I want all the power I can get without touching internals ;) cheers boys !