What next after Cupra

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
123d coupe doesnt actually give great fuel economy , if you go on the baby bmw forums , they are talking about avaerages in high to mid 40's
so i would rather stick with petrol tbh

other thing with the 1 series is everything is an option , i looked trying to find the spec i wanted and its almost impossible for a used car.

im seriously considering a roc R

very nice interior and prices not too bad at the mo.

Lol mid to high 40s is still a lot better than the pd Leon fr and alot more performance!any reason not to go down a size? Audi a1?cooper s? The mini is very tuneable, though very crashy

seano83

May 24, 2012
Could go really out there and get a Mazda mp3 sport 2.3 turbo with 260bhp standard if not my mate has a BMW 335d remapped to 335bhp and 700mn's of torque

Leroy75

Bag of Sh1te, VXR!
Jul 24, 2007
Gainsborough
I'm currently looking to change to the 135i m sport coupe. Simple remap from Evolve and it'll be pushing 360+ bhp! Quicker than the E92 M3 in a straight line....
Also been looking at the 370Z and most others in this thread. Still no idea what I'll actually go for!

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Going back to the "tracker" thing for a mo ( don't think this has been mentioned yet!), I spoke to my insurer recently (Greenlight!)about possibly adding a tracker and asked if it would bring down my premium any as it's adding extra security and the better ones are insurance approved etc and from there pov atleast they advised that adding even a top spec tracker wouldn't have any effect on my premium at all, it would just be an extra piece of security and " piece of mind" on my part!

Ok that's just my current insurer and other places may well offer discounts for adding such devices, but going on my recent experience I wouldn't buy one with the expectations of getting. Cheaper premiums - just for the added piece if mind that you have a greater chance of gettin ya car back if the TWOCERS' get hold of it!!!

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
As an alternative that hasn't been mentioned yet and one I have considered before (when I was looking around before buying my LCR) how about a B7 RS4???, they've started becoming much more affordable as a 2nd hand buy now and who can argue with 4wd,400+bhp & a V8 soundtrack!!!

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Well they arnt 400hp for starters and running costs are daft with fuel prices these days, getting old now aswell. Deffo not an option in my eyes.

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Going back to the "tracker" thing for a mo ( don't think this has been mentioned yet!), I spoke to my insurer recently (Greenlight!)about possibly adding a tracker and asked if it would bring down my premium any as it's adding extra security and the better ones are insurance approved etc and from there pov atleast they advised that adding even a top spec tracker wouldn't have any effect on my premium at all, it would just be an extra piece of security and " piece of mind" on my part!

Ok that's just my current insurer and other places may well offer discounts for adding such devices, but going on my recent experience I wouldn't buy one with the expectations of getting. Cheaper premiums - just for the added piece if mind that you have a greater chance of gettin ya car back if the TWOCERS' get hold of it!!!

Same with mine and I'm with admiral, they were also cheaper when I said it was on the drive rather than in the garage.. WTF! asked why and they said they have allot of people claiming when they hit there garage and people automatically think it will be cheaper if you say you park it in the garage so they con people that way.. He was quite open about it

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Same with mine and I'm with admiral, they were also cheaper when I said it was on the drive rather than in the garage.. WTF! asked why and they said they have allot of people claiming when they hit there garage and people automatically think it will be cheaper if you say you park it in the garage so they con people that way.. He was quite open about it
Got any pics of your Audi mate?

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Well i am still looking:cry:,after a 300 mile round trip today im still without a motor..The 5 series i went to get was stunning in every way apart from the patch of leaked oil on the side of the engine ..... so the hunt continues

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Rob,

Whaddya mean about the RS4 not being 400bhp I thought they were Listed as being 414bhp and they pretty much made that too!??

Agree running costs would be expensive with it being a "super saloon", but they still have that classy/aggressive look ton them and I personally still they look great aswell!!

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
They never make over 400hp on a dyno, more like 360-370hp every time! Id take an S4 over one of them all day long and mpg is alot better. My Cupra will go past an RS4 on a roll till about 130mph then he'll return the favor.

Affordable newish sport sallon has to be an S4 b8 and with mods 450+hp id be putting a Tdi badge on the back for laughs..... sleeeeper ftw!

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Well i am still looking:cry:,after a 300 mile round trip today im still without a motor..The 5 series i went to get was stunning in every way apart from the patch of leaked oil on the side of the engine ..... so the hunt continues

Slightly off topic but your old car now lives in my street!

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
Rob,

Whaddya mean about the RS4 not being 400bhp I thought they were Listed as being 414bhp and they pretty much made that too!??

Agree running costs would be expensive with it being a "super saloon", but they still have that classy/aggressive look ton them and I personally still they look great aswell!!

Coking up issues with the direct injection reduces power.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Yeah a RS is a chav's car plus too thristy my m8 has a blue 1 get's 22-24mpg on a run that's crazy plus there everywhere a Golf R is very rare on the road's but the Vauxhall there's just something about it

Yeah there is something about Pauxhalls mate, they are $hite, I ain't seen a chav rolling in an RS in almost 12 months of owning one, and yep nowt comes close to owning an RS.......Chav:cartman:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise