OEM Centre Armrest Question (not about fitting!!)

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Hello all,

I was wondering could someone solve a problem that I currently have with the armrest. I want to remove the two plastic parts at the bottom but they simply will not pop out. Part of me is worried that pressing too hard will break it. I've tried searching but all I get it questions about fitting the armrest.

af774454.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone done this before?

Thank you,
Seán

Last edited:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Looks to be all moulded to me? Why would you want to remove them anyway, is it for getting in to fit the armrest?

Is that an Seat OEM one? I got an original Golf MkIV one which I always assumed would be the same as the Seat ones, and its not the same as your one.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Hi mate thanks for getting in touch.

No the Leon/A3 armrests are different from the Golf ones for some reason but they all fit in each other.

I know it is a strange request but I bought an armrest from ebay 2 years ago and it wasn't until a few months later when I went to fit it it was missing the plastic trim I identified in the above pic. Last week I got an A3 armrest and was planning on taking the parts I needed from it to complete the one I got cos it was in better condition so today I started trying to do so. After further messing with it it seems that the plastic is joined the whole way round so doesn't look like it can be taken off without breaking it...probably the reason why my original one came without that part!

But I ended up cleaning and fixing up the new one with the plastic and swapped the lids around as the first one was the right colour for my interior...it will have to do for now!