m0rk's 2011 Leon Copa

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
6000 miles and we have a clonk from the NS front suspension. Top mount or bush I suspect

Back to the dealer once I get the Skoda back - don't fancy two loaners!

Last edited:

ChrisSK

Jan 25, 2012
Bristol
Hello mOrk

Newbie here who’s just stumbled on your thread today and noted you have the same model, exactly the same spec and colour as my Leon.

Only got 920 miles on the clock from a November delivery and would like to ask you if you have noticed any improvement in MPG now you have 6000 on the clock. My previous car was a Golf 1.9 TDi Match which the Leon is struggling matching in the MPG league although at the moment it’s not far off.

I noted members saying about improvement in economy as the car get some miles on the clock and wonder if you have found this to be the case.

Sounds a bit worrying with you’re current fault and wondered if you have a lot of speed bumps in your area as it seems that every turn here has one which I am sure does not help the front end no matter how slow you go over the things.

Chris

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Hi Chris

The mpg is getting better, but not great. My vRS ran better mpg straight out of the box. I think the engine just hasn't quite got the poke or gearing quite right

We're struggling ever to get >50mpg still (even driving through France it didn't get there) - Whereas the vRS hits that with ease & could easily run 60+ for a tank.

We have hardly any speed bumps round here, the roads could be better though

I'll have to have a look at it though

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
First Service today at Snows in Portsmouth. Nice and clean inside now.

8893 trouble free miles, mpg creeping up towards 50mpg day to day now.

richibiza

Jul 1, 2005
hey mark I orderd my leon (well its for my mum on motabilty) last week 1.6 tdi se copa manual. How are you finding the leon then?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Hi Mike

On a run 53mpg is the best we've seen.

Running about it's 48mpg average, which is a bit of everything.

70mph gives OK fuel consumption, but anything north of that suffers quite a lot

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Hi Mike

On a run 53mpg is the best we've seen.

Running about it's 48mpg average, which is a bit of everything.

70mph gives OK fuel consumption, but anything north of that suffers quite a lot

Thanks Mark, sounds no better than I get from my 2006 2.0tdi which is a bit of a shame really I would have expected more from the dsg boxed 1.6tdi..... That crosses off considering a 1.6 for better mpg at least....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
My vRS with 70bhp more gets better to be honest. I think the 1.6 is a little underpowered for the Leon to get good mpg

miztasee

ive got the 1.6tdi CR ecomotive, i wouldnt get the ecomotive, ive done 1400 miles in mine from new i get around 43-46mpg locally and around 53 on a run so way off the book figures, the 1.6tdi has power when its needed (mainly in 2nd) but it has longer gear ratios than the standard copa s/se plus the start stop system which is only any benefit if your stopped for longer than 30 seconds, i wish id gone for the se copa instead of the s copa ecomotive but ive only done 1400 miles it might improve yet

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Completely agree about the ride quality m0rk. It's so comfy and smooth compared to my FR. My mum has a manual Copa SE on motability and as she can't drive, I get to do that now and again. And no I'm not doing a richibiza. ;) Drove her up to Stirling and back yesterday, then got into my car later on. It feels like an old tractor! So rough and unrefined.

When it comes to changing mine, I'd be seriously tempted by one of these, mainly for the equipment levels and comfort. Good engine too, I'd tried it in an Ibiza ST courtesy car and was surprised at how it went.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Busy thread with updates...

Anyway, 2nd service was done and went fine

We had a call from the salesman wanting to start warming us up for a replacement in a few months, but we mentioned that the gearbox was a bit grabby / vibrating at lower gears.

A few mins later, the service guys called and had us booked in for today.

End result is - it needs a new clutch kit. Not bad for 22,000 miles I thought.

But driving home from the dealers tonight, it's not great - quite nasty in slow traffic.

In short, it'll be going on it's 3rd birthday when it's out of warranty!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Maybe, but we need a bigger door at the moment as my daughter gets bigger! That said soon enough she'll climb into the seat anyway

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Been at the dealers since Wednesday night.

More parts being required at close of play Friday, and again more parts required today.

Might get it back tomorrow night

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Picked up today. Great job done by Snows SEAT in Portsmouth

It's like a different car! All smooth running like it should be

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Car's running like a dog. rattles, clunky gearbox, trying to shift into 7th at every opportunity

It's going now.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.