My Cupra progress thread!

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
wow great build thread mate :) some nice mods been done and some good ones to come too
Wish i could see some of the scenary you are seeing, brilliant for photos of your car with them mountains in the background :)

keep it up mate ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I like the diffuser in matt black on the pre facelift. Seems to work better in my opinion :)

andrewdask

Hey man grat build there ! you should get an 3" exhaust so you can feel the power of that k04 turbo! greeting from latin america!:lol:

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
So today I found a set of alloys I want. I am going to enquire about them more tomorrow but heres a taster

zcwzs1.jpg

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
I have been looking into dynaliner for under my bonnet so It doesn't look bear.
The only bad bit is I need to spray under my bonnet as this bit has been left unsprayed due to where the cover had been.
Dynaliner is just a peel and stick on so it won't be too much trouble to cut shapes out. Also it is oil and water resistant which is a big bonus so it won't be getting moldy/crappy with a drop of rain or oil. Its also lightweight and flexible because we all like something that weighs nothing :)
So I think thats another mod to add to the big long list of mods coming up.

Just purchased my stubby ariel off ebay so another little mini mod on the way.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320965715...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_1325wt_1271

Last edited:

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
So this morning I have been a busy bee.
I had to get up early to take someone to the airport. So I got back and got bored at 7am haha so I did a few mini mods.

I left me intake scoop on to see if it would help with air flow.
DSC_0857.jpg

But wanted to tidy my engine bay up
DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

Also sprayed the beams under my bonnet as gonna use dynaliner to fill the gaps.
DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

Then ripped my ariel off ready for the new arrival of my stubby ariel.
DSC_0846.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0848.jpg

DSC_0852.jpg

Also if you look back I wrapped my heat rings since then they have been through all heats and started to fold the wrap out so I stripped and sprayed them
DSC_0844.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

Also been looking to buy show plates :)
PlateImageService.png

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
So here is mine heat rings done and fitted:
IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Also stripped that crappy material battery cover out but before I put a new one in I noticed water was begin to collect :/ Thats why I think they should come standard with plastic ones.
IMG_0890.jpg

So I am fitting a battery cover thats a little different and I think I can make more out of this one when it comes to modding :)

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

I like the look of it. Will look better once I get my modding hands on it

Last edited:

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Some nice little mods mate :)
have you got any tips for taking the antitheft aerial off? ive tried a couple of times now and mine just wont come off :(

to be honest i didnt have great difficulty. Just twisted until it came lose then kept twisting mor so to make sure. then yank it. shock it more powerful that just pulling. If not get plyers out a rip the life out of it:D

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
So these are the alloys I am finally going for:
newgrey.jpg

They are lightweight and look different :) will show my calipers off more. I'll be buying them once my car is lowered or maybe at the same time to not delay

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
So today I found something else in my interior to make black.

DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0869.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

Thinking about making the cupra lettering red. But let me know your thoughts about it?

I have be spraying a lot of things lately and I feel practice makes perfect :)

daz1972

What prep did you do on the grills before painting? i have a mk1 FR + and will shortly be having the front bumper resprayed i would like to have a go myself spraying the grills to smarten them up which paint do you use?

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Well I am not the best spray painter. but I cleaned them first then I didn't bother using primer, sprayed with gloss black and left for 15 mins did this 4 times in total. left for 24 hours then I used clear lacquer just to give it a shiny look did this twice with a 20mins in between

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
So other day I booked my car into AKS tuning for October I know it seems a while away but been collecting bits.
So heres whats coming soon:

Carbon fibre scuttle
FK sport edition coilovers
ths top engine mounts
vibratechnic lower engine mount
superpro anti lift kit
compressor/air con unit removed
Diffuser fitted
ZCW ZS1 18" alloys with hankook ventus v12 evo tyres
bonnet strut to get rid of my old bonnet holder
Boost gauge
BCS exhaust system
Cupspoiler
stubby ariel
Engine cover dipped in carbon fibre
roof matt black
wing mirrors matt black

Thats all for now haha then my christmas present to myself is gonna be clutch and remap :D