H&R Cup Suspension

markojay

Dec 28, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Ok cool thanks, have u any pics? How much is yours lowered by? Don't want the car scraping its arse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

widdowd

Boc
May 19, 2001
Nottingham, UK
Cupra R suspension is Bilstien if I'm not mistaken. H&R Cup kit lowers the car 50mm front and 40mm on the rear... Had mine on for years and have to say she handles very well but I do have uprated front and rear anti roll bars and numerous powerflex bushes...

Daz

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
I had the cupra r set up before the h&r and there both worlds apart h&r is a lot comfeyer n a lot more composed, esp when going very fast over unlevel road, I find driven at 4 to 6 tenths the h&r is rough and doesn't settle, but drive it at 8 to 10 tenths then its amazing

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Jokerman261

James
Apr 9, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Less comfortable? Is that with your dampening changed?

I'm looking to get rid of my V1s for something that won't have me bouncing around when trying to get the power down.

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
passenger side:
IMAG0246.jpg

Driver side:
IMAG0241.jpg

thats how mine sits now, been on the car for over 11000miles now, been happy with them sofar.

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Less comfortable? Is that with your dampening changed?

I'm looking to get rid of my V1s for something that won't have me bouncing around when trying to get the power down.

Dampening changed? It was fitted by the previous owner so I have no idea. I find it quite crashy and uncomfortable. The Weitec Hicon GTs were smooth and coped with rough roads much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
I find it quite crashy and uncomfortable. The Weitec Hicon GTs were smooth and coped with rough roads much better.

its crashy at low speed, ill agree there, but very good when you pick up the speed. theres a piece of (private, ahem) road near me, and its horrific, has signs warning you about 'humps' its tree roots mucking up the road so its all up and down all over the place....

between 35 and 60 is very uncomfortable building to a point of feeling like its uncontrolled and getting confused with the undulations...making you want to slow down, however (it took me a few month to realise this) but if you step it up a couple of notches... between 70 and 100 its amazing, composed, and controlled, im not saying its like a flying carpet or anything. but its a very marked improvement when pushing it harder compared to casual driving.

Aug 22, 2011
aberdeen
20120805_083333.jpg

Thats what mine looks like when on the road. its the 50mm drop sports kit. handles like a dream with neuspeed 25mm front ARB and polybushed wishbones.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.