New clutch? Mine maybe on its way out? Costing help please,

JayCee

Apr 8, 2010
Isle of Man
~£890 for Sachs 550Nm Stage 2 Clutch and Loba lightened flywheel + £220 fitting is what I paid for mine.

"why do you need to go to the Bank to do a money transfer? Do you need a mortgage for that clutch?" I didn't know what she meant... :rofl:

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Ok so had a reputable tuner take my car out yesterday and its definitely the clutch just starting to slip so am I best to just go get it done now and hope the dmf is ok or shall I just run till it goes and know I am going to have to replace to dmf

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
So after one slip You thinking about replacing clutch ... save money for performance clutch and for now just drive with this one

w8scc

Kasper the K1
Apr 16, 2009
Leicester

Hi mate, I live in leicester too. Iv just got my car back from being repaired after i smashed the bottum of gear box on a curb.

My clutch was slipping in 5th and 6th on full boot after i had APR stage 2. I decided to do the clutch at the same time.

place I got it done i paid £650 for the sachs clutch (excluding flywheel) plus £200 for labour. well worth it. Mine is just bedding in.

PM me and i can give you details of where i got it done, also i know a lad who works at seat in leicester and could get price for standard one? If you going to mod tho i would get the sachs clutch. It will handle the power.

Scott.

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Hi mate, I live in leicester too. Iv just got my car back from being repaired after i smashed the bottum of gear box on a curb.

My clutch was slipping in 5th and 6th on full boot after i had APR stage 2. I decided to do the clutch at the same time.

place I got it done i paid £650 for the sachs clutch (excluding flywheel) plus £200 for labour. well worth it. Mine is just bedding in.

PM me and i can give you details of where i got it done, also i know a lad who works at seat in leicester and could get price for standard one? If you going to mod tho i would get the sachs clutch. It will handle the power.

Scott.

PM on way>

sam7

Replace the DMF as well, as you know what will happen a few months after having the clutch replaced......
It is more money but it is done and forgotton!!

I was quoted £800 fitted for a sachs clutch fitted without dmf. Mine was only slipping in 3/4/5 at higher rom - not in 5th under load, it also did it when we had a cold snap. I've taken the map off mine and it seems fine at the minute. I just need to decide if I ave a new clutch or se the money towards another car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise