seat leon mk 2 fr tdi door not shutting

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I have a feeling your lack of mirror folding may be down to the the module you bought was for a car with non folding mirrors. But it's good to know it works enough to lock the door and work the window.

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
Typical :lol: that would be my luck!
I thought that the higher letters at the end of the p/n would've just meant the module was a newer revised version, being off a 2008 car aswell.

Oh well, at least I can lock my doors now.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Unfortunately not. The higher letter at the end is for hardware specification differences from new. Apparently 1t0959701L is the newest for cars with folding mirrors.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Well I finally bought a new module to sort my car out. So as long as it works I will be taking the old one apart to investigate what I believe to be the problem.....

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I think that the casing is crap, water is getting into the module and shorting something out. As mine is only ever a problem after a couple of days of rain.

But I think the water being in there might have damaged some soldered joints so need to pull it apart to check that.

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
No.
Although on the outside of the casing, next to one of the block connections there is a small round white patch of some sort. This seems to be on every used module, such as my old faulty one and also on the picture below (working module).

Don't know if this has anything to do with it not working though.

$%28KGrHqZ,!jgE5%29!2ObdGBOl%29hrm7IQ~~60_12.JPG

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Well fitted my new module today, so far so good....

Brand new modules have that white patch too.

You should see if changing the coding on your module will get you your folding mirror.

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
Well fitted my new module today, so far so good....

Brand new modules have that white patch too.

You should see if changing the coding on your module will get you your folding mirror.

I tried, even selected the MY08 folding mirror option but no luck. Must be because there are less pins in it :shrug:

bex86

where abouts in the door the is control module located? my car went into a different garage and they have told me its the door lock actuator control unit?? they are going to charge me £200 for this to be replaced and i am going to be so annoyed if its not causing the problems

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
where abouts in the door the is control module located? my car went into a different garage and they have told me its the door lock actuator control unit?? they are going to charge me £200 for this to be replaced and i am going to be so annoyed if its not causing the problems

It is in the door connected to the window motor. If your alarm is going off randomly etc then it is probably this fault....

Make sure they are replacing the module and not the actual lock mechanism though.

bex86

ok so the door lock actuator control unit was replaced and within 20 minutes of the car being returned the alarm started going off, still having all the same problems as before, im so annoyed as i just paid £200 that i dont really have to spare and it hasnt made any difference, the garage have said they will fit the door control module for free but i still need to pay for it tho, i just wish they had listened to me in the first place, anyway i have found a door control module online from a 2010 model (mine is 2006) it says "drivers door control module for seat supports 5dr electric windows anti dazzle mirrors one touch folding mirrors and folding on locking central locking etc full pins intact" im guessing this is what i need but does it matter that is is from a 2010 model? also i dont think mine has the anti dazzle mirrors - would this be a problem?

thanku