Rattling from underneath the car!

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
Hi,
I have 2 really annoying problems.

One of them being when I go over an uneven bumpy road I get a fairly loud rattling noise come from what I think is the left underneath of the car.

Another issue is when I first set of in the car, And accelerate a tin rattling noise gets made by the exhaust. It stops when the car has been driven about.

There is a tin heat shield which could be rattling, but it doesn't seem to be loose.

Any one else got these annoying noises?

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
Apparently it's something common in these cars
Do you have DSG too by any chance ?
I got this rattling too from day one and when I went to the dealer telling them about the problem, his response was " you can always put your music on high volume so the rattling won't bother you "

Apr 14, 2011
I got a rattle on my new 1.2 tsi when reved or driven in high revs like a tinny metal on metal sound the tech at hobins said he's goin to ha e a look and we tried revving a 1.4 tsi and it did the same

ntemis21

Feb 26, 2011
Greece
i also have a rattle from above the car,
i don't know for sure if it is the same that you talk about
but my dealer told me that it is this
and i propably going to remove it with no affects.
20120903165757.jpg

Maxt890

Nov 1, 2011
England
Hi, I have that noise on my 1.4 i think, its like a rattling/knocking of something underneath the car, mine usually makes the noise when the clutch is released or slowing down, its annoying as it doesnt always make the noise when going over bumps. Does that sound similar?

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
I also have that sound. But it's not that sound that im concerned about. It only seems to happen when then exhaust is cold. After a very short while it stops.