Whats it worth?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Guys

been toying of the idea for ages of swapping my car. not 100% sure what to go for. brain tells me to go eco but my heart says get a porsche your only young haha.

i have written my forsale thread but im not 100% sure what its really worth this being the key figure on if i decide to sell or not.

here is my AD forgive me if this looks like a forsale thread but truely its not!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so the time has come to sell my pride and joy. Genuine reason for sale it just doesn’t get used any more. I live a 5 mins walk from work and the misses has a small city car which we do all the running around in.

So im selling my 2007 57 Reg Seat Leon Cupra 240 TFSI.

I will be 100% honest with regards to my car as id hate for some one to come miles to view and not be happy.

Purchased 25/03/11 with 30,204 Miles on the clock from Evans Hawshaw Ford Dealer in Bedford. Alex from AKS Tuning came down and gave the car a once over and insisted the car was perfect which lead to me handing over my hard earned cash.

In my ownership I have had 2 issues with my car. 1st being Clutch Slip after going to Stage 1 Remap and the 2nd the dreaded TCS light stuck on my dash for the G201 ABS pressure sensor fault. Alex at AKS tuning again supplied and fitted an uprated Sachs Clutch and a new ABS unit. Whilst the car was in I had the Subframe Shimes/Spacers fitted to stop the annoying clunking when turning.

• Infero Black (Metallic Black with Red spec’s looks almost Purple on a Sunny day pic below).
• 40,000 miles. (Will rise very slowly)
• FSH.
• Taxed until End April 2013.
• MOT until End April 2013.
• 18” Cupra Wheels.
• Fabric seats (CUPRA embroided buckets).
• Seat Car Mats
• 2 Keys.
• Bi Xenon Headlights.
• Front Fog Light.
• Cruise Control.
• PAS/ABS/TCS.
• Electric Folding and Heated Mirrors.
• Climate Control.
• Drivers, Passenger and Side Airbags.
• Factory tinted windows
• Steering wheel stereo controls

And what ever else you normally get on the Seat Leon Cupra model.

Service History

1. 12/09/09 – Seat Dealer – 9587 Miles – Service.
2. 26/08/09 – Seat Dealer – 17239 Miles – Service.
3. 13/09/10 – Seat Dealer – 26415 Miles – Service.
4. 25/03/11 – Ford Dealer – 30204 Miles – Service.
5. 01/05/11 – PERSONAL – 32,000 Miles – Cam Follower Changed.
6. 29/07/11 – Jabba Motorsport – 34385 Miles – Cambelt and Water Pump.
7. 03/04/12 – Autology Garage Norwich – 37773 Miles – Service.
8. 01/05/12 – AKS Tuning – 38014 Miles - Brake Fluid Only.

I have added the following performance modifications.

• P-Flow Airfilter fitted at 32,700 Miles.

• Eibach Sportline lowering springs fitted at 33,000 miles. Wheel alignment\tracking was carried out after fitting the new suspension printout to prove.

• Stage 1 Remap (295bhp completed by JabbaMotorSport near Peterborough who is one of the sites sponsors). Car now drives much smoother and actually has better mpg economy (36mpg if I drive sensibly) – fitted at 34,385 Miles.

• Full Blueflame Turbo Back Exhaust with a 200cell CAT, with Powerflex Yellow lower engine mount insert. fitted at 36,942 miles.

• Forge Side to Side Quick Shifter also fitted at 36,942 miles.

• Uprated Sachs Clutch fitted at 38,014 miles by AKS Tuning.

I have also done the following Cosmetic Modification.

• Carbon Vynal Side Seal Protectors with SeatCupra.net stickers.

• Vynal Tinted Rear Lights/Reflectors and Side Repeaters.

• Modified Engine Cover to allow fitting with the P-Flow Filter.

• Ghost Chrome (tinted) S Badges front and Rear also Front Grill.

• Brodit A-Pillar Mount with iPhone 4 Mount included.

• Carbon Fibre Key Cover

*** Original parts can be provided to the buyer if the buyers wishes to revert the car back to standard***
• Standard Springs
• Standard Full Turbo Back Exhaust
• Uncut Engine Cover with Air filter built in

Also ill throw in a Spare Bottom Bracket for the Down Pipe. These are prone to breaking so I got a spare from Blueflame just incase.

The car is in absolutely superb condition and drives faultlessly. With the 200cell Sport CAT you will not need to swap come MOT Time. Sport Cat was fitted for last MOT and it sailed straight through no issue. The car will be truly missed as its probably the best car I have owned.

The only bad points I can think of are the Curbed Wheels (pictures below) and the 1 very small Car Park Ding on the passenger wing (also pictured below).

Maintained regardless of cost, all receipts kept with all previous MOT's etc

Located in Norwich

Asking Price £XXXXX

Can send pictures, please text or message me for more info or pics.

Call Lee

0XXXX XXXXXX

Pictures

Front Pre tinted badges
front.jpg

Rear Pre Light Tints
ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

Front Tinted Badges
gf12.jpg

Rear Light Tints
P1000553.jpg

P1000545.jpg

P1000550.jpg

Side on showing the Ride height after lowering
P1010262.jpg

Engine Cover with P Flow filter
P1000554.jpg

P1000558.jpg

Interior
P1010103.jpg

Carbon Side Sills
s7.jpg

Brodit Clip
P1010238.jpg

Remap Graph
44f02fb2.png

Key Cover
P1010236.jpg

Shows the Purple colour
gf13.jpg

Video showing the sound of the Exhaust

my build thread can be located here
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=318722

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
8-9 k I would say, al thou I would remove all the mods and return to standard

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
8 to 9 is what i was thinking too.

is it worth spending the money to get it stripped and then sell seperately?? i mean its probably going to cost about £200 to remove it all

springs are worth what £60?? exhaust a few hundred??

seem like a chore to me lol.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
also is my ad any good or is it rubbish

The ad's good mate

Take your catback off yourself, 20 min job and put your standard one back on :) I would leave the springs on. And leave the downpipe on. If you have an induction kit sel that as well

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Yeh you could strip some parts off and be closer towards 9 after selling them

If u decide to sell the P-flo and the springs, please hit me up :)

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Cheers but I think I'll leave it all on for the next owner. Been look about today and I'm 50/50 on swap now just waiting for the right model and price to come :)

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Cheers but I think I'll leave it all on for the next owner. Been look about today and I'm 50/50 on swap now just waiting for the right model and price to come :)

What are you lookin to get next?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
2002 - 2004 Porsche 911 carrera 4S cabrio :) (heart is here)

2008 120d BMW 1series convertible msport or Audi tt tdi cabrio (head is here)

Misses says get the Porsche lol

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I will give you £5k cash and collect it this weekend :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I thnk you would be lucky to get £8k based on what my 2007 car was valued at back in 2010 when I traded it in and how things are in the real world right now. I think I would struggle to get £12k for mine in a private sale if sold as standard as things are right now and its a 60 plate with 20k miles and Tech Pack.

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Identical car to mine and I paid 10k at the beginning of the year with 24k on it, probably worth around 8k now with 34k on it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
I sold mine in may with similar spec to yours on an 07 with 30 odd k miles on it for 9k,since then i looked at coming back to a cupra and the prices were similar.Also there are not many about for sale with the clutch done which is a big plus ... and i know there are a few mk1 owners looking to change soon.. I would put it up at 9.5k. There are some standard examples for less but i looked at a few and they were all shite... if i wasnt getting my bmw tomorrow i would have made you an offer

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I sold mine in may with similar spec to yours on an 07 with 30 odd k miles on it for 9k,since then i looked at coming back to a cupra and the prices were similar.Also there are not many about for sale with the clutch done which is a big plus ... and i know there are a few mk1 owners looking to change soon.. I would put it up at 9.5k. There are some standard examples for less but i looked at a few and they were all shite... if i wasnt getting my bmw tomorrow i would have made you an offer

Mate 9.5k is waaaaaaaay optimistic.
I looked a few days ago at a part ex for a 60 plate RS3 (just out of sheer interest). FOr my august 2010 Cupra R with 19k they offered me £13800 trade in. And that was there best price!

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Yeah but thats a dealer how much would they then sell it on for.....Just sayin there is little out there with those mods and what is available is mostly shite and standard,this one has been very well looked after and had £££ spent and worth 8k standard.....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members