MPG Dilemma - cupra figures

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
I know what you mean by the fuel consumption , my mate has just got a 53 plate M3 not sure if that's the same one as you? With smg box and he is getting around 17 mpg !

Will be the same model - mines a 55 plate with the SMG box and 17mpg is an easy reality if you drive like you stole it all the time - I would say that this could even be a lot lower if you try really hard!

The problem is the noise it makes past 5k - addictive is not the word :D

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I thought we had discussed this on a previous thread?
Those 40 mpg figures you are posting are pure fiction , they are not everyday driving figures.
The Cupra or Cupra r will not do over 36 mpg driven like a granny, I can get
My trip to show 50 mpg easily by resetting it into a journey but it's a pointless nonsense figure as I said before 1 press of the loud pedal and the mpg drops like a stone.

Why people post such inflated figures is beyond me.

To the op , round town driving is 20 -24
Motorway a roads is anything up to about 36 granny driving included

I know what you mean by the fuel consumption , my mate has just got a 53 plate M3 not sure if that's the same one as you? With smg box and he is getting around 17 mpg !

Looks like you thought wrong i never said they were everyday figures i said they were granny driving figures

this was over 45 miles and was not reset in the middle, it was actually higher while i was on the motorway but i wanted a door to door figure of how economical i could be

Why people like you refuse to listen to facts is beyond me !!! just cause you cant acheive something does not mean its not possible

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Looks like you thought wrong i never said they were everyday figures i said they were granny driving figures

this was over 45 miles and was not reset in the middle, it was actually higher while i was on the motorway but i wanted a door to door figure of how economical i could be

Why people like you refuse to listen to facts is beyond me !!! just cause you cant acheive something does not mean its not possible

It's not about accepting facts , it's about real life , in 4 years driving my Cupra 36 is the absolute maximum I have got near.
If you were to drive from home reset your trip computer I guarantee you that 40 mpg is a fantasy.
How come everyone one else on this thread has posted similar mpg figures as mine?
It's real world use , I tell you what I will post up a picture of my mfd this weekend showing 50 mpg in my car but it won't be real life.

BraddersThe3rd

Mar 11, 2011
If I drive at proper granny speeds ill get 35-39mpg (55mph over a 35mile journey on M11/A406 witha little bit of traffic)

If i sit at 70ish mph I'll get more like 28-34mph

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
It's not about accepting facts , it's about real life , in 4 years driving my Cupra 36 is the absolute maximum I have got near.
If you were to drive from home reset your trip computer I guarantee you that 40 mpg is a fantasy.
How come everyone one else on this thread has posted similar mpg figures as mine?
It's real world use , I tell you what I will post up a picture of my mfd this weekend showing 50 mpg in my car but it won't be real life.

I did drive from home like i said it was a 45 mile trip door to door

And I have driven a lot of cupra's in my time and economy has been similar in all of them

I didnt say it was normal driving you need to learn to read and accept that some people can do things that you cant

allman45

allman45
Jan 29, 2009
Newcastle
Is 30mpg achievable doing 80 on the motorway over 150 miles?

That's my weekly commute at the minute....

I recover 18p a mile so £27 each way, would that cover it?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i would say 30 is achievable easily

i did 80 most of the way on cruise to scotland and got about 32-34 i think

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.