Badly scratched Eclipse blue Ibiza

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, i recently bought an eclipse blue Ibiza and knew the paintwork was quite bad before but after cleaning it found loads of bad swirl marks from where the old owner washed it badly!

I went over the entire car with Megs Swirl X and that has removed a lot of the swirl marks but there are a few still there. I was quite surprised how well the Swirl X disguised a deep scratch that was down to the primer. There is a big scrape on the left quarter where someone has hit something and is very deep. I think i could remove it with rubbing compound but im wary of using it as it left a dull patch on my old car so is there anything quite abrasive but a bit more fool proof i could use :p?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Pics would help buddy...

usual rule of thumb is that if you can catch a nail (finger nail) in the scratch it isnt going to polish out without painting it and refining afterwards.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Pics would help buddy...

usual rule of thumb is that if you can catch a nail (finger nail) in the scratch it isnt going to polish out without painting it and refining afterwards.

Ok mate thanks for the reply :) There is one that will not polish out as it is far too deep but there are still some swirl marks remaining, my plan was first i used the meguiars swirl x, then i was thinking of going over it with a few layers of AG Super resin polish and maybe something much vicous for the deeper scratches like T cut?

I see your from Walsall, i live just by Barr Beacon :)

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
SRP will probably not have much more cut that the scratch x but it will help reduce swirls as its pretty filler heavy. T-cut will just strip out the SRP so i wouldnt waste your time.

It depends how much time / effort or money you want to invest on the car to be honest. obviously the best option is machine polishing to remove all the swirls and reduce / remove the scratches as best possible.

I know great barr and the beacon area well... grew up near the beeches estate. i now live in rushall which is about 5 miles out of walsall itself and pretty close to the beacon.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
SRP will probably not have much more cut that the scratch x but it will help reduce swirls as its pretty filler heavy. T-cut will just strip out the SRP so i wouldnt waste your time.

It depends how much time / effort or money you want to invest on the car to be honest. obviously the best option is machine polishing to remove all the swirls and reduce / remove the scratches as best possible.

I know great barr and the beacon area well... grew up near the beeches estate. i now live in rushall which is about 5 miles out of walsall itself and pretty close to the beacon.

I have a fair few things from my last car so will give them a go being as though i already have them! altogether i've got:

Swirl - X
AG SRP
Clay Bar - which i need to use for the tar and that on the bottom of the doors!
AG HD Wax

I also have rubbing compound but dont truist myself to use it after last time when the paint faded! Yeah i live in Pheasey and know Rushall quite well! I think a member lives on Lichfield Road with a maroon FR?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Yeah, cant remember his exact tag on here but i use that road a lot too and see it regularly.

I used to drink with a few lads from around the Pheasey, although not usually in the Cat n Fiddle if we could help it ;)

From the kit you've listed and assuming your working by hand i would go over the car with the scratch x again, then following this with SRP, maybe 2 applications just to be thorough and then add the wax.

Obviously using the clay kit before this but after a good wash down (sorry didnt want to sound like i was teaching you to suck eggs !)...

HTH, Nige

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Haha yeah cant say im a big fan of the Cat either! I usually go to the Foley in streetly!

Yeah i want to give it a quick go over with the claybar then i will do what you have said, the paint does already look much deeper and nicer! looks like cadburys purple in the sun lol. Oh and ill get those pics later when i go out :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise