coilovers/drop links/ARB

dubzilla

hello all,

new to the seat world but have come from polo's so not much difference.

so, i fitted JOM coilovers yesterday (on 1.4tdi ibiza) and with doing so my ARB is fouling the drive shaft. i did expect it to but i know some people with mk4 golfs that didnt need shortened drop links so i hoped i didn't..... but clearly i do!

so i'v ordered some adjustable ones from DPM but they wont arrive till tuesday ish and i need to use it for work =/ other wise i have to drive the girlfriends fiat 500 which i don't really want to do...

so earlier i raised the fronts up fully and this stopped the left hand side from fouling but the right hand side still does. is there anything else i can do to gain more room? i doubt it but worth a shot.

also with replacing the drop links, im assuming both sides need to be jacked up at the same time to release any pressure making it slack? and is it a 1 spanner jobby or do i need any alan keys etc.

cheers all.

dan666

Oct 13, 2009
Hartford, Cheshire
well wind the coilovers bacj up until you get the shorten drop links.... then fit new shorter drop links drop it and get the tracking done. theres ****ing **** loads of threas on here regarding this!

dubzilla

yup, read some and they advise adjustable ones but as i'v said, i have wound them all they way up ad its still fouls a bit. i was wondering if theres anything else i can do for the time being.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.