700 mile club who's in?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I think I read a post on here a few weeks back and somebody put that they where disappointed with the MPG since they where no even close to the claimed figures. Think they got in touch with seat regarding the matter.

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

Not as well as you might think.... They also have dpf's which need regenning which wastes fuel too....

They will be better but not by a massive margin.

Look at my fuelly ;)

That's all with 70mph cruise speed, running average is 63.8mpg (last 10 tanks), overall is in my sig. First 3 tanks were pretty poor because I didn't know how to drive the car. If I bothered to drop my cruise speed to 60mph, and did that all the time, I'd easily have 70mpg per tank.

A lot of the reason people struggle in the 1.6CR is the way they drive it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Look at my fuelly ;)

That's all with 70mph cruise speed, running average is 63.8mpg (last 10 tanks), overall is in my sig. First 3 tanks were pretty poor because I didn't know how to drive the car. If I bothered to drop my cruise speed to 60mph, and did that all the time, I'd easily have 70mpg per tank.

A lot of the reason people struggle in the 1.6CR is the way they drive it ;)

My point was that my 2.0 pd140 is doing 62mpg... So the 1.6cr isn't that much better, which you would expect it to be beign the smaller engine etc.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
My point was that my 2.0 pd140 is doing 62mpg... So the 1.6cr isn't that much better, which you would expect it to be beign the smaller engine etc.

The 1.6 is great at 50-60 mph, unfortunately I find myself more in the 70-80mph bracket on the motorway - so I get terrible MPG from it, I could drive slower but when driving to Dublin the speed limit is in KMH for the vast majority of the journey so 80mph is the norm on that road.

Deleted member 74601

My 1.6 only has 14,000 miles on, and always carry a full boot of heavy telecoms gear (making it equivalent to a full car). I'm sure your 2.0PD has a lot more miles and carries a bit less weight (although depends what you do ;) ) At the moment, they probably aren't comparible.

@markmeus - I always cruise at 70 and with a full car on the motorway return 65mpg average regularly. It's only the urban driving that brings down the average. No idea how aerodynamic the Ibiza is though.

The only thing I would say about the 1.6TDI is it appears very temperamental.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
My car had 5 miles range on it this morning because my dad borrowed it and didnt fill it, so this morning i put £20 in and it changed to 70 miles range :whistle:

Id never get 700 :( - Not even off 2 tanks :lol:

Last edited:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Never got much better than the 450, currently get circa 400 if I'm really good and thats from an oil burner.

Fish