BAM 225BHP Engine in mk4?

Hello Guys,

Looking at getting a BAM engine 225bhp in my mk4 1.9tdi 130 6 speed.
I've been hunting to see whats involved.
I will need the engine and gearbox ect and mounts.....custom downpipe ect (this is the easy stuff)

What about the ecu? which ecu will i need for it to work? a 1.8 180bhp ibiza ecu or a leon cupra r 225 ecu?

also what about the harness for all the electronics?

Cheers guys, I've looked everywhere =/

Sam

Jun 14, 2009
You will need an ECU from BAM engine because the loom may be different along with timings and fuel mapping etc.., and don't forget to get the ECU, key and Dials from the same vehicle as well otherwise you will have immobilizer issues.

The dials from an Audio a3 or a4 i think fit in the Ibiza but you have to be a bit creative when fitting the dials to the dials facia.

P.S. Don't forget to chance fuel lines and fuel filter too as they will have traces of diesel that could damage your engine.

Last edited:
You will need an ECU from BAM engine because the loom may be different along with timings and fuel mapping etc.., and don't forget to get the ECU, key and Dials from the same vehicle as well otherwise you will have immobilizer issues.

The dials from an Audio a3 or a4 i think fit in the Ibiza but you have to be a bit creative when fitting the dials to the dials facia.

P.S. Don't forget to chance fuel lines and fuel filter too as they will have traces of diesel that could damage your engine.

Brilliant thanks, what about the throttle as mine is electronic and all the headlights ect, should all this work?
Would I need the loom from a BAM car?

Cheers

Sam

Jun 14, 2009
Brilliant thanks, what about the throttle as mine is electronic and all the headlights ect, should all this work?
Would I need the loom from a BAM car?

Cheers

Sam

The BAM engine is also flyby-wire as well. All car electronics is mainly done by the Comfort Control ECU under the drivers dash area.

If you fit this engine, then let me know how it goes.

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Im guessing you want to do this to dodge insurance? Or why bother for what it will cost?? You'll need to change all the petrol tank and fuel pipes aswell id asume...?

Jun 14, 2009
Driveshafts custom exhuast probly subframe. Brakes hubs.

I would imagine a gearbox from a FR or Cupra Mk4 would marry up to the engine which would solve the drive-train/hub issue. I think the TDI engines use the same sub frame as the petrol engines. I think this project is quite interesting but expensive!

Apr 13, 2011
hull
This sounds intreasting but may I ask have u throught about putting a golf vr6 engine in or maybe even a g60 engine maybe. The reason I ask is becasuse these are the more common ones to do so there for there is more custom parts around to do the job.

I love ur idea and am looking forwar to seeing how u get on I just through I'd say the above to give advise well kind of lol

Jun 14, 2009
I agree, you should look at a V6 24v conversion from a Golf! 200bhp standard plus a wicked soundtrack and all the looks that you will get :)

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Yea if your going to all that effort of fitting an engine that will need numerous custom parts, I'd go for the 24v VR6. Arguably less tuning potential, but the sound would make up for that plus the fact that it would be something different that probably hasn't been done before in a MK4.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Why would anyone want a vr6 or a g60 over a BAM? BAM engine is virtually a straight swap into the car (your making it hard by starting with a diesel) and it makes more power than any g60 or vr6 is ever likely to.

You'd have to be mental to do either though :lol:

Jun 14, 2009
Why would anyone want a vr6 or a g60 over a BAM? BAM engine is virtually a straight swap into the car (your making it hard by starting with a diesel) and it makes more power than any g60 or vr6 is ever likely to.

Because there are off the shelve parts to turbo the VR6 that will easily make more BHP than the BAM engine when its mapped.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Because there are off the shelve parts to turbo the VR6 that will easily make more BHP than the BAM engine when its mapped.

Yeh off the shelf parts to turbo a VR6 in a car its designed for. So no guarantee they'll fit in an Ibiza. Plus theres so many tuning options for a 1.8t engine, all it comes down to is budget. Power is the one thing thats totally irrelevant to both engines, as you can have as much power as you like from either

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise