Massive favour needed!

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Right folks. Needing someone to either take a picture of the front of their car or show me a pic they may already have. The reason being is I just got mine back from the body shop today after someone ran into the front of it leaving it damaged. The paint job is fine but I noticed when I was walking towards it from about 10 metres away the underside is sagging. It defo wasn't like that before and because the guys had to repair the bumper I imagine they may have had to use heat at some point and I'm guessing this has misshaped the bumper.
I had a look underneath and all the bolts seem to be in the right place so I'm pretty certain this has been cause by heat. If anyone else has any advice would really appreciate it.

Would really appreciate all the pics I can get so I can compare it.

I took some pictures tonight but they aren't that great as its dark. Will take some more tmrw...

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q539/figolovechild/?action=view&current=69e74156.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

gregdaisley

Hey mate, don't worry, all FL Leon FR/Cupra front bumpers have this problem, some worse than others. I tried packing mine out with washers, it made a slight difference but is still noticeable. A poor bit of design in my opinion. :(

dscf0036q.jpg

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Thanks for the pic mate. I'm not sure if I have only noticed it because I'm looking for faults since getting it back and its been like that all along, or if it's something the guys at the body shop have caused. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before....

Ps how did you get that pic up like that?

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Thanks Greg...

I can't believe I didn't notice this before. I still think mines looks worse than the pics showing but then I probably took the picture a bit lower down.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
From what I remember mine looks similar, will take a picture tomorrow for ya

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
I'm thinking it's probably not been too bad before but I imagine they would have to have put the bumper into a heated room too dry the paint and maybe this has warped it as that part of the bumper seems pretty thin anyway??

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Yeah basically I had the front bumper repaired. I took it back tithe garage where it was repaired today and they are going to try fix it. It's because of the heat used in the process of repairing and spraying the bumper which has warped the thinnest part of the bumper on the underside. Hopefully it's fixable or I reckon I'm looking at another bumper!

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Just ha proper look at mine and its not really much different, im pretty sure its just the way its meant to be

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise