R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating

butler2.8i

Jul 26, 2009
Hartlepool
R32 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating

An enhancement detail on a stunning R32 Golf which is in my favourite colour for these cars, the owner also wanted the alloys powder coating in shadow chrome

Products and equipment used

Uber microfiber towels
Chemical guy’s woolly mammoth drying towel
3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
140 mm Glazing pads
Halogen site lights
Makita rotary polisher
DA Polisher
Chemical Guys Glossworhz Glaze
Chemical Guys Celeste dettaglio v2
Carpro Fixer polish
Carpro eraser
3m masking tape
Meguiars APC
Costco microfibre towels
Meguiars hyper dressing
Valet pro citrus bling
Bilt Hamber AutoWheels
Valet Pro PH neutral Snowfoam
Valet pro tyre dressing
AMDetails AMbubbles
Bilt Hamber clay bar
Autosmart Tardis
Various brushes
Kranzle pressure washer
Carpro Sheepskin wash mitt
Carpro Dlux
Noodle wash mitt
Carpro Lambs wool wash mitt
Poorboys microfibre clothes
Uber buffing clothes
Autobrite Snow foam gun
Chemical guys Jetseal 109
Autobrite Repel
Auto Finesse Mecury Metal Polish
00 grade wire wool

The car was then given its first coat of snow foam whilst this was dwelling I went round the car using APC in a foaming head bottle cleaning the fuel filler area and various gaps and grills. The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and the car was washed using the 2 bucket method with grit guards in both buckets and a Carpro lambswool wash mitt.
The car was then rinsed off using an open ended hose and I then went round the car with Tardis which was left to go to work before being wiped down with microfibre clothes. The car was then given a coat of Ironx again left to do its stuff before the car was washed down using the pressure washer.
The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix (10 to 1) and a Bilt hamber soft clay bar which helped to pull more contaminates from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using the woolly mammoth.

IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

The car was then taken into unit to have the wheels removed ready to be dropped off at the powder coaters early the next morning so once the car was on he axle stands I started on the arches next and they where sprayed with APC and cleaned using various brushes and a noodle wash mitt. They where then sprayed with Tardis which was left do its stuff whilst I moved onto the next arch before going back and being wiped down with a microfibre cloth and left to dry.
And then before the wheels were refitted after the powder coating they were given a couple of coats of Megs Hyper dressing.

I then taped the car up and went round with various yellow 3m pads and Carpro Fixer polish, each panel was given a wipe down with Carpro eraser after polishing to check finish and remove any polishing oils.
I then went round the car and applied a coat of Chemical guys Glossworkz Glaze using the DA and the lake county pad which was left before being buffed using Uber buffing towels.

IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_6544.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

IMG_6556.jpg

IMG_6548.jpg

IMG_6550.jpg

IMG_6549.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

Reflection Shot of the wheels lol

IMG_6564.jpg

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

IMG_6572.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

The car was given 2 coats of the Chemical Guys Celeste dettaglio v2 wax leaving wax to bond for 60min and approx 60min between each coat again buffed using Uber buffing towels

The plastic trim was dressed using Carpro Dlux which is a cracking product which a little goes a long way and gives a stunning finish.
After this I cleaned the glass and gave them all 2 coats of Autobrite repel

Before the alloys were refitted the were sealed using 2 coats of Chemical guys Jetseal 109 and the calipers also given 2 coats and dressed the tyres using the Valet pro tyre dressing.

Exhaust’s where cleaned up using Auto Finesse metal polish and 00 grade wire wool

Lots of finished shots as I really love this car

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg