Suj's BMW E36 328i Track Fun

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
No worries dude :thumbup:

All good mate, thanks :love:

Just mega busy at work at the mo. There's only 1 of us covering the whole of the day shift for the next 6 weeks due to holidays and long term sick, plus I've got 2 aprentices to train, too :thumbd: :sleepy: :givein:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Good to hear, so glad you got the nod on keeping the job :love:

Haha, just like my work, summer holidays and school holidays always is dead for all the parents being off, quite quiet as in no ones in, but work load is mental, but good thing is the days go by so quick :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
465563_10152095040455217_1759601517_o.jpg

M3 Front bumper on, but side bracket (slides on) is broke, so sits crooked :(
But have made a thread to work out how it comes off so I can rectify this :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
376771_10152100995545217_1753934967_n.jpg

Got my M3 Sunflowers (forged) delivered :D they are 17 x 7.5" and 8.5"
Currently running 235/45/17 (bald) tyres on, so look massive on front, but I am about to order some 225/45/17 fronts and 245/40/17 rears (standard size from factory on them).

Trying to source another set, so I can throw on some sticky rubber on for the future :)

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Had a 328sport a while back and I miss it soooo much. BMW make the Best 6cylinder engines ever!!!
I did a lot to mine and it looked sooo nice. I'll try and get a pic up.

If your looking for more power then get the m50 throttle body and inlet manifold. They are off the early 2.5 lumps and bolt straight on. Will give you nearly 30 bhp and it just realyy brings the engine to life. It's the best mod you can do on these engines.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Had a 328sport a while back and I miss it soooo much. BMW make the Best 6cylinder engines ever!!!
I did a lot to mine and it looked sooo nice. I'll try and get a pic up.

If your looking for more power then get the m50 throttle body and inlet manifold. They are off the early 2.5 lumps and bolt straight on. Will give you nearly 30 bhp and it just realyy brings the engine to life. It's the best mod you can do on these engines.

Yeah mate, heard all about it years ago, but don't need power currently, that's a future mod, at the moment all I care is about handling, so will be stripped out, coilovers, uprated ARB's (just sourced some Eibach's :D) M3 brakes, bushes.

Then I can think about power at a later stage, as handling > power for me really :)

Yeah I am loving the 6 cylinder fun :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
So I finally put on the rear bumper on, and sorted out the broken side slider on front and got it sitting perfect now (I forgot how much I hate tigerseal though lol)

Also got rid of all the mudflaps too :)

488254_10152107906875217_2147319718_n.jpg

Need to order tyres to get the wheels on by the end of week hopefully :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
241275_10152121440015217_240405432_o.jpg

Finally got the Sunflowers on :D

I got tyres in boot, I got offered some part worns for really cheap :D

225/45/17 Continental Sport Contact 5 (7mm)
245/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 (5mm)

So they will be spot on, first time trying out the Contact 5's, but heard nothing but good things about them, what a difference the car looks like a totally different car :D

Also in other news, I managed to bag a 3.2 whole rear axle on ebay (just missing the diff) for £40 LMAO, so I will be picking that up on the weekend, then shove in a 3.2 diff + 3.0 prop, also will give me time to rebuild, paint and polybush the whole rear (yes I do have OCD as you may tell lmao).

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
So I went and got the rear axle, the person had a prop to fit a 3.2 diff to a 328 gearbox, and only wanted £20 :D so I got it of course lol, so I will try and find a diff in a few months when I have some spare cash.

Plans are to press out all the old bushes, get it dipped / medium blasted and either powdercoated, or zinc primer and protect it all, then press in some polybushes in read to do a straight swap
It is complete minus the diff, so has drive shafts, calipers, hubs etc, so even better

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
So Good and Bad update time :) / :(

Good:

So Driftworks are doing 20% off group buy on their Coilovers, and had HSD's were on the list, but there was no "Nür-Spec" listed so I emailed them.
Said they can do them, but 60 people are needed for the group buy (this is ok, as they will get that easily).
But then I got offered them at the discounted price if I would take pics of how low they go, so they can tell their future customers, and I can have the kit early if I was willing to help, my mate Al (who owns the amazing track E46 M3 I said about, does PR for DriftWorks) so thought i'd give them a hand.

E36 HSD Nür-Spec Coilovers by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

E36 HSD Nür-Spec Coilovers by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

Bad:

So picked them up, left to go home...

Stopped at a roundabout....SMASH, someone rear ended me :(

Parked up, got out, it was my mates sister....she was a bit distraught, so I calmed her down.
She works for Audi, so said is it ok if their bodyshop sorts it out, i'm happy with that as long as it is done to a good standard.

So nursed the car home, bumper was hanging off, took bumper off and it's broken the slider on the car (bumper slides onto) that is only £10, bumper is damaged (on where the slider goes on, and it's took most the brunt, and snapped the plastic off the bumper). But the Metal part that goes under the bumper is creased, and it's pushed the plastic up, so boot isn't sitting flush, I looked inside the wheel well it looks all straight really.

I found her a Boston Green M3 rear bumper in Brum, so said if she can buy that, and linked her to the slider too, then the crease will need sorting properly and painting, at least it will be a lot cheaper than painting a bumper!

259072_10152140394365217_154426402_o.jpg

Just happy no one was hurt, she was shook up, but I have seen it happen at roundabouts so much!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Hey everyone.

Not much of updates, as car is now off the road, as insurance was up at end of the month, and I have another car for work so wasn't going to use it much over the winter months, so it is tucked into my uncles garage currently.

It will be pulled out to get the damage still fixed by the girl who hit me, so will put up pics when it is back.

Driftworks wanted pics of the car with the coilovers on, to see how low it goes, so I got the coilovers on, put front down (still has the helper springs in, and M3 ARB mounting point) so front has a lot of possible ways to go lower still. Rear has adjusters still in, but all the way down, so could get even lower removing that. Also when they settle they'll be even lower, so scope for the "stancers", I don't want stance, I want it to handle well, so coilovers are back off (no point it sitting on them for 3months doing nothing).

Side by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

Rear Side by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

Front Side by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

So bit's I have bought:
* Schroth Profi II 6point Harness for me (driver), it was bought off a forum, it's brand new but it's out of date, but totally doesn't both me :D (link to it)
* Schroth 5point harness for passenger, I won it off ebay, so it was pretty cheap and new also so waiting on that to arrive to see the model (as the guy has no clue lol).
* Dave F style kit, it's pretty decent, the filter is an ebay crappy one, but the heatshield looks spot on.
* 3.2 M3 diff to go with my rear axle / prop, so now once it is built up I can swap it straight over :D
* Eibach Adjustable ARB's with poly mounting bushes
* M50 manifold conv kit (need to source a manifold still).
* Picking up my front M3 Evo hubs, arms, brakes, BMC and Servo off the guy I paid ages ago lol, he has full polybush kit, so hopefully he hasn't sold it, so I can collect it :D

002-6.jpg

Pic of the kit I just bought, not put on yet, but I found what K&N filter Dave F used (thanks to [MENTION=23]Spirit[/MENTION]), so I will order that soon :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.