Air filter or air intake

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Agree with phey on that its give or take 2-5 tops on an induction/panel filter depending on engine size and turbo's etc so may make a small 3ish bhp difference but you wouldn't notice that might improve throttle response but some say that's a placebo effect should make a little bit of a throaty noise though :). The forced induction from forge etc may make a bit more bhp but not a lot more really and I would only tend to get one of those if I was going remap.
I'd avoid K&N because it has an oily coating know it may not effect it but in my DS the MAF sensor has gone and that I feel down to the oily coating getting onto the sensor so I'll just go for green cotton filters or forced air inductions

Deleted member 35176

He is taking the p*ss :lol:

Ibizaracebrake is one of the most respected modders on the forum!

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Sorry, I couldn't resist repeating the sort of nonsense you see on 'other' forums. But, the only car that's beaten me on the strip recently was a saxo, ( RWD mid-engined!)

jasoncourt

if you add a sports air filter, you will just gain more noise plus maybe 1-2bhp, same with an induction kit, but you have to work out if its worth it, you will use more fuel too, unless you have a loud exhaust system id say its not worth it, sports air filters can make an exhaust louder but not on a standard exhaust system. plus depending on what air filter you buy, k&N have to be cleaned and re oiled plus some dont clean the air as well as standard filters.

Deleted member 35176

if you add a sports air filter, you will just gain more noise plus maybe 1-2bhp, same with an induction kit, but you have to work out if its worth it, you will use more fuel too, unless you have a loud exhaust system id say its not worth it, sports air filters can make an exhaust louder but not on a standard exhaust system. plus depending on what air filter you buy, k&N have to be cleaned and re oiled plus some dont clean the air as well as standard filters.

Please tell me you didnt say that?

Tell me that its a typo!

jasoncourt

oh i see, i mean sometimes, if you have a loud exhaust that sounds nice, you can get a nice burble with a sports airfilter, but im only talking experience from my gsxr750, so obviously correct me if im wrong lol, i think a sports airfilter on its own on a car sounds like its grunting lmao

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.