short list of problems, please have a look :)

mx0range

had the car for about 3 months now and its fine in general but,

the engine light had come on for a while, then turned off, and is now back on. car is still driving perfectly fine as far as i can tell.. anything common to check? cant get torque (android) to work to check code.. how good are the cheap vagcom cables on ebay?

air-con takes a big BIG hit on the engine. i know its not a big engine (1.4 bbz) but i didnt think it would be so noticable! normal?

car pulls to left. will have the alignment checked when the new tyres go on in a few weeks.. i only mention this as i read it was common with the fabia, essentially the same car i think?

suspension is really starting to irritate me now! think its the rear more than the front but it crashes over bumps so much! recommend replacements? not interested in lowering, dont mind losing some of the firmness.. stock is just silly though.

last, what panel air filter to go for? :)

benny12357

Feb 2, 2012
Swindon
I bought a cheap vag com cable and paid for the software and it is fine!

I have the same engine in a 57 plate formula sport, I get the same with the air con, car runs ruff and is a lot slower?

Mine also pulls to the left but not much at all, does it most if i accellorate hard and dont hold the wheel..

Dont know about suspension but mine is the same and i would like to replace too but dont want to lower it!

Ben

mx0range

i got the bluetooth adapter working with my old htc desire, so iv got codes now

P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

P1180 - Linear 02 Sensor / Pump Current Short to B+

are these things i can check myself or is it a garage job?

as i said, engine is running fine, power is unchanged, drives ok.

air-con, engine doesnt sound any different or seem rough, just when moving off it really seems to struggle to get going

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 14, 2009
On the intake manifold (the 4 black plastic pipes at back of engine) there should be a plug on the left side with 3 wires comming out. That is the MAP sensor and it looks like its sending a misreading to the ECU. Check the condition of the 3 wires for corrosion, and check the end of the plug for corrosion as well.

As for the O2 sensor just clear the error for now and see if it comes back.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.