Yet another Radio question..

ChrisssRFC

Mar 6, 2012
hello guys, before you shun this question hear me out first, it is a slightly different question to the usual.

my alana radio is asking for the code, so i looked in the book, and bingo there is the code sitting there in the radio book, wahey i thought typed in the code, pressed the scan. SAFE, oh i must have typed the code in wrong i thought to myself, so i waited the hour and tried again with the code, SAFE again. right this time i definitely typed in correctly this time, so i whipped out the radio and looked at the serial number to compare with the one in the book and it is different, so it now turns out it has had a new alana system put in the vehicle, my question is if i post the serial number is there anybody on here with any dealer access to get the corresponding code, i phoned my local seat garage, they can only supply the original code, which i have!!

How helpful of whoever replace it not to note down the code... =/

Thanks for any help or advice in advance

Jun 14, 2009
I think you might be out of look as I think the seriel number of the radio and the chassis number need to be from the same vehicle for them to retrieve the code for the radio.

Is it not 1234?

ChrisssRFC

Mar 6, 2012
yeah i did think that the dealers would not be able to help,just thought it was worth a punt!

is 1234 a default figure then?

that would be awesome if so, as much as i love my car i need sound inside it! haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.