So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Had my fill of SEAT, and the oil probs and the other **** thats still ongoing. Apart from taking up far too much time of my life i've seen something else i fancy and going to sign on the dotted line tomorrow. I have enjoyed the car somewhat but its taking up too much of my time and efforts so time to move on. I'll miss the car, its very unique around here but getting beyond a joke now with the engine and other probs u have to deal with.

It was my first SEAT and had kinda put me off them for the future but at the end of the day its only a car!

s

Last edited:

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
May want to sort the swearing out.

Best of luck, don't be completely put off with seat. I'm sure the issues with the engine will be sorted.

IbizaTDI08

Aug 7, 2008
May want to sort the swearing out.

Best of luck, don't be completely put off with seat. I'm sure the issues with the engine will be sorted.

Will they tho?

It's been nearly 3 years and they are still messing about with the engine.

I have also gotten rid of my cupra and have gone back to the diesel side.

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Haha Sly, what you gone for? Or you keeping it under wraps.

Well not a secret. Looking it a new octavia vrs blackline. cracking deal with the vat off and extra kit free.. Obvioulsy there is a facelift model coming out but thats what i have my eye on the now..Good tradin in on the boc as well..
New ignition barrel getting fitted to boc on thursday then thats the last run to that dealer am making.

Last edited:

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Don't blame you mate. I loved my Cupra but the problems started setting in and I knew it had to go sooner rather than later. I stuck with Seat though and got my self a Leon FR FL. So glad I did now. Absolutely love it...

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Agree. Although my 170 s in a Skoda.
I will miss the boc but can't go with all the back and forth. The phone calls to
Seat and the dealers. Times up. ;-)

Last edited:

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Don't blame you mate. I loved my Cupra but the problems started setting in and I knew it had to go sooner rather than later. I stuck with Seat though and got my self a Leon FR FL. So glad I did now. Absolutely love it...

+1 But mine is the 2.0 Supercopa petrol manual. So very pleased with it

Goes like a demon and looks imho awefrikkensome. Done a fair bit of cosmetic modding so far. New mats in yesterday now time to remap in about 4 - 6 weeks.

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
@andycupra I never said I was returning it. I have traded it into Skoda.
I'm hoping as its not a 1.4 tsi am getting, I won't have to deal with the dealers as much as I have had to with the boc. As Aaz says it is a shame as I had wanted to keep the car longer but I'm not happy and it's not worth the hassle.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Yea, the dolphins were the first to sell their MK5s, clearly they knew something we didn't. (didn't I tell you, I've got a brain the size of a planet; I'm wasted here)

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
DS3 Not such a good idea

Its a shame as they are nice cars.. Im thinking of swapping mine in for a ds3 dsport plus

Aaz I've just come from a DS3 and if your having trouble with Seat its nothing to Citroen that's the reason I'm getting shut was such a lovely car to look at until you get loads of squeaks inside dash, door panels etc and they refuse to even look at it or repack the dash, then 4 corroded diamond cut wheels 2 and half months in on a brand new car! Took the 8 months 4 weeks ago just before I said I'd had enough to replace them, 1 of the new wheels had an ugly spot able defect took it back long with a squeaky inside door handle told 2 days before they replace it and a little longer for the door handle, got home and they had damaged he trim around the handle :(. Gentleman at thr Dealer tried being a smart a** saying they had ordered the handle when I said yes and the trim he broke tried to ignore me and was rude to me and my fiancé took a lot to not kick off at him. Then the engine issus since day 1 and had been told its normal when something metal is rattling around in there it makes it sound a diesel! Still ignore it now however its cutting out and dying still ignored it said there's no dash or warning lights so wouldn't even plug it it.
Still waiting 4weeks onward now for the call about wheel and door handle....
I would avoid it mate, the Turbo ones also have a lot of issues with hesitation and spluttering

Aaz

May 21, 2011
Kent, England
Aaz I've just come from a DS3 and if your having trouble with Seat its nothing to Citroen that's the reason I'm getting shut was such a lovely car to look at until you get loads of squeaks inside dash, door panels etc and they refuse to even look at it or repack the dash, then 4 corroded diamond cut wheels 2 and half months in on a brand new car! Took the 8 months 4 weeks ago just before I said I'd had enough to replace them, 1 of the new wheels had an ugly spot able defect took it back long with a squeaky inside door handle told 2 days before they replace it and a little longer for the door handle, got home and they had damaged he trim around the handle :(. Gentleman at thr Dealer tried being a smart a** saying they had ordered the handle when I said yes and the trim he broke tried to ignore me and was rude to me and my fiancé took a lot to not kick off at him. Then the engine issus since day 1 and had been told its normal when something metal is rattling around in there it makes it sound a diesel! Still ignore it now however its cutting out and dying still ignored it said there's no dash or warning lights so wouldn't even plug it it.
Still waiting 4weeks onward now for the call about wheel and door handle....
I would avoid it mate, the Turbo ones also have a lot of issues with hesitation and spluttering

Wow! Sounds like you had ALOT of problems there, think i'm gona stay away from the DS3 then. Not wanting the hassle that you've been going through, i would end up very angry and wouldn't be able to keep as calm as you did. Cheers for the warning.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Wow! Sounds like you had ALOT of problems there, think i'm gona stay away from the DS3 then. Not wanting the hassle that you've been going through, i would end up very angry and wouldn't be able to keep as calm as you did. Cheers for the warning.

Yeah its a shame really because its such a nice car to look at and drive (when there's no issues or on a good day lol) and its put me off the dealers and Citroen themselves there were other problems but toned the rant down xD.
I was looking at getting shut a while ago but saw issues with the turbo and even the 24 grand racing that have been there since the day they came out on my local DS meets and forum :( think one guy on there declined 3 racings because of the same issues as the turbo sport models, they even damaged one guys carbon fibre trim in one which isn't cheap and told him tough :S. If you look around you'll see most people say the sale of the cars are alright to good but after service is shocking, spoke to the dealers manage about my service fund I was chipping into 20 a month and it hasn't even had the first one yet and wouldn't bein my posession when it came round and they were avoiding giving me my own money back £250.
I've got a thread in readers rides of mine with some customization but its a looker, but issues would bite me on the bottom as I feel it would be a battle if the engine did go so rather save myself the goolie ache while I can :)
Sorry for wall of text though :) just wouldn't wish it on other people

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Ignition Barrel renewed

Another saga unfolds, where can i get a gun? :censored:

Car is being 'repaired' now, has been in since thursday and will be in till at least monday. Replacement part that came was wrong, so they ordered another and it was wrong too.. After a lot of discussion with SEAT and dealer it seems the ignition assemble it need is that of an EXEO!!!

file_zpsa9725874.jpg

Got this beast meanwhile. Must say its not the dealers fault, and they have been great!

file_zps8cfcf734.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Here
Yeah its a shame really because its such a nice car to look at and drive (when there's no issues or on a good day lol) and its put me off the dealers and Citroen themselves there were other problems but toned the rant down xD.
I was looking at getting shut a while ago but saw issues with the turbo and even the 24 grand racing that have been there since the day they came out on my local DS meets and forum :( think one guy on there declined 3 racings because of the same issues as the turbo sport models, they even damaged one guys carbon fibre trim in one which isn't cheap and told him tough :S. If you look around you'll see most people say the sale of the cars are alright to good but after service is shocking, spoke to the dealers manage about my service fund I was chipping into 20 a month and it hasn't even had the first one yet and wouldn't bein my posession when it came round and they were avoiding giving me my own money back £250.
I've got a thread in readers rides of mine with some customization but its a looker, but issues would bite me on the bottom as I feel it would be a battle if the engine did go so rather save myself the goolie ache while I can :)
Sorry for wall of text though :) just wouldn't wish it on other people

Usual story of good dealer bad dealer. My daughter bought a C1 from Richard Sanders in Northampton. Last week I ended up giving it a clean and wax as she never touched it. Found the front bumper had been flashed over and the drivers door had also been sprayed. No record of the car being in any accident, so emailed the dealer who promptly phoned me back. They asked me to pop in with the car and the manager came and looked at it.
At this point I was expecting the usual "tough luck" speech, but he said, although the car hasn't been in a recorded accident, he could't guarantee what the previous owner had done to it. Fair enough I thought, then he said bring it in and he will get it machine polished and try to bring it back to a good finish.
Considering she had had the car for 3-4 months I thought this was a great result. Just goes to show the difference between a good and bad dealer.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise