Cleaner for seats???

BumbleJC

Aug 24, 2011
Derby
Hi everyone,

Has anyone got any recommendations about cleaner for seats. There is the lightest stain on the driver's seat of my Leon, almost like a sweat mark I can't be sure. It's only light and noticable if you look carefully but it's annoyed me since I bought the car so I want to get rid of it.

I've had a quick search so apologies if anyone has posted this recently - I couldn't see it!

Thanks.

BumbleJC

Aug 24, 2011
Derby
Brilliant mate. Thanks very much for that I've had a quick look at it and it's cheap too! It's always good to use something that other people recommend. I'll get some ordered and give it a whirl!

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
No worries, work really well if you can mix and use it in a spray bottle.

Work it in (dependant on how bad the stain is) with a MF cloth or soft brush then wipe off with a clean MF cloth.

I use a VAX with it and get very good results. Smells quite pleasant too ;)

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Any joy using the Chemical Boys Fabric cleaner? I was just looking at ordering some when I get items to clean my car, as I left a cold Redbull on the passenger seat and it has left a water mark like someone had wet themselves (which I hope wasn't the original cause of the mark).

BumbleJC

Aug 24, 2011
Derby
Any joy using the Chemical Boys Fabric cleaner? I was just looking at ordering some when I get items to clean my car, as I left a cold Redbull on the passenger seat and it has left a water mark like someone had wet themselves (which I hope wasn't the original cause of the mark).

Sorry Skimpy I ned to get moving and order some! Apologies!

BumbleJC

Aug 24, 2011
Derby
Skimpy,

Apologies for taking so long to reply to this!

Finally cleaned my seats about 2/3 weeks ago (sorry that's a long time back) and the Chemical Boys cleaner work like a dream (thanks Nige!).

I only used a tiny, diluted amount. The stain on the seat came off after one application, the only trouble is the pictures I snapped didn't show it up so I've nothing to prove its worth! I know I've only tried it on sweat/water mark like stains but I wouldn't bet against it moving much harder stuff.

Hope that helps, presumably you've already bought some and aren't dissapointed!

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Bumble,

I'm only just getting around to cleaning my car properly now (other than the usual 2 bucket method)!!!!

Out of interest did you dilute the solution, aggregate the fabric and then pat the seat dry or did you use a vacuum cleaner?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Bumble,

I'm only just getting around to cleaning my car properly now (other than the usual 2 bucket method)!!!!

Out of interest did you dilute the solution, aggregate the fabric and then pat the seat dry or did you use a vacuum cleaner?

Dilute the product with warm water and use a soft bristle brush to work it. I use a Vax to extract it but you could wipe with a clean MF cloth and leave it to dry.

MCFChris

Nov 26, 2012
Chorley
Just bought some of this to add to my cleaning collection, from reviews it sounds like it brings out your seats/fabrics inside your interior really well.

Will this work on your car mats also?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.