Winter wax

Miss24

Aug 19, 2012
Hi I'm looking for a really good sealant to use for winter months on my little arosa as I do take very good care off it by cleaning it ext I've been told I'm
Anal :s and when I clean I take hours to do so could any one suggest a good sealant wax for up coming winter

Thank you

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
I use meguairs advance liquid wax is brilliant tbh for protection use it ever year couples coats and your done

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Depends what you want to achieve Miss24... and what you are currently using. There is a lot of noise this time of year about "winter waxes" and the truth of it is unless you are using a boutique wax thats designed for the show field to give maximum looks with low durability anything will be fine over winter. The only difference is that some waxes are designed with durability in mind so people think they ought to swap over to a more durable wax during winter... it only makes a difference if like i said, you use products in fine weather which dont offer any real long term protection to the paint.

Colli 476s is probably the best wax under £20 where durability is concerned but (as i've said before) for me it doesnt add anything to the finish other than a durable coat - i dont rate the looks it gives.

You could do a lot worse than Zaino Z2 - 2-3 layers will see you right for at least 5 months. Without ZFX (looking at the Zaino range will explain everything) you cant layer Z2 in a single day (due to the curing times) but you could layer it over a couple of days without any problems and a rinse down between days. Adding Z6 to wipe down between layers also adds a lovely gloss to the paint.

I use Zaino all year round. Apply 3-6 layers of Z2 once every 6 months when i also review the condition of the paint and correct it if required. During the summer if i fancy using a wax i will clean the car and then add a layer or 2 of whatever takes my fancy at the time. The Zaino is still there underneath and continues to protect the car once the wax fades away.

If you're happy with waxing though and happy to spend a few more ££'s then something like Britemax Vantage or Chemical Guys 50/50 are good waxes for around £40 - 2 or 3 layers (with an hour between) will see you right for 4 months easy.

HTH, Nige

Last edited:

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
I've been using Carlack 68 which is a long-lasting synthetic sealant in 2 parts. The 1st is an all in 1 compound which preps and polishes. You can then leave that sitting on and then apply a coat of the final sealant on top. Buff the whole lot off and then put further coats of the sealant on and rub off as required.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Autoglym extra gloss protection. Obviously good preperation is essential. Easy to use, cheap, does a good job. To preserve your wax you could try a snow foam as a pre-wash before you touch it with a sponge.

Miss24

Aug 19, 2012
Na took it to a jet was filled bucket up yeah that was fun not I was covered lol washed it did my usual paint cleaner polish then start topping up with dodo juice wax :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Iv recently done my cars winter protection and I used AM wax or blackfire midnight sun which is super tough and gives about 4-5 months cover especially when layered up.

Used AM seal before(two layers again) which is a similar product to tough coat from what I can tell and you get more in a bottle and it's cheaper too which is big win. Gives a ace gloss finish on lighter colours.

Iv used many of these products and iv recently narrowed my collection down to this range.

Also another bump for the Werkstat stuff awesome range

Last edited:

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
Me neither. Having used sealants this year doubt I'll go back to a wax, much easier to use & car stays slightly cleaner for longer. .

Nano sealants especially! Wolfs body wrap as I said before is amazing.

I've got some auto finesse tough coat to do on a freshly sprayed focus st this week so ill let you all know how it is :) I've heard good things though!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am quite liking Dodo Juice SuperNatural Hybrid Wax at the moment. Looks to be a winner.

I have no idea of its durability yet but I have been told you get a good 4-6 months from it.

Serapth

Collie 476s as already mentioned gives excellent protection, can be a bit tricky to use as the weather gets a bit chilly, really thin layers and half a panel at a time works for me.

Another to consider is FK1000p, fantastic sealant for the money and the tin is huge!

Wolfs hard body is another, havent used it myself yet but have heard really good things from those who have..body wrap is really good and very easy to use :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members