Manual or DSG help ? :)

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Need some help,

basically got a FR 1.2tsi on order in manual but considering it in DSG.

What do you recommend, manual or DSG option :) ?

Thanks allot !
B

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
I dont think the 1.2tsi comes with paddles which for me makes DSG alot of fun. Personally I find it hard now going back to manuals as the DSG is very good. I would certainly recommend it.

I would ask your dealer if you could test drive a car with one.

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Think it is with paddles mate, year good idea, phoned them up and there gona get back to me tmra ! I test drove the boc and that was top ! Cheers !

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
I would go with the DSG.
More fun, more efficient & faster.
Then again, you should test-drive one yourself and be the judge.

May 13, 2007
gotta recommend the dsg gearbox
ive got it in a 1.2 tsi st wagon
its a brilliant gearbox so smooth

Edinex

May 1, 2012
No paddles. Sorry mate. They have not installed even 1.4 FR(i have one).. only in cupra next year.

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Cheers everyone ! In the end I went for the manual because changing would delay me until jan and I like the ride :)
Maybe DSG next time !!

B

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Cheers everyone ! In the end I went for the manual because changing would delay me until jan and I like the ride :)
Maybe DSG next time !!

B

Congrats mate hope you enjoy it :), I was in the same boat likr manual but the dsg is nice like people say its a shame with no flappy paddles don't know if the older pre face lifts had the seqencial mode? Had a crack with that and loved it :D

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Although DSG is nice i would rather have a manual box if keeping the car passed warranty.

Also - I find the manual box and clutch gives me more control in the snow.

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Thanks mate ! Absolutely beside myself waiting for it ha ! Need to grow up :) gona love it, yer that's it too, hopefully more control, be fun non the less :D

B

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
I recon a dsg will be better in the snow as it creeps very slowly without any throttle input.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Thanks mate ! Absolutely beside myself waiting for it ha ! Need to grow up :) gona love it, yer that's it too, hopefully more control, be fun non the less :D

B

Lol same here mate was supposed to get my FR 1.4TSI today and won't be getting it till Monday been waiting what reels like ages, driving me nuts xD lol.
When are you getting delivery and what colour did you go for :) ?

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Lol same here mate was supposed to get my FR 1.4TSI today and won't be getting it till Monday been waiting what reels like ages, driving me nuts xD lol.
When are you getting delivery and what colour did you go for :) ?

Matw tell me about it ! Goin crazy ! Would have been nice having it for the weekend. I ordered in early august and delivery should be end of October, praying itl be early tho ! Went for Nevada white with black wheels and Mirrors ! What did you go for ? :)

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Matw tell me about it ! Goin crazy ! Would have been nice having it for the weekend. I ordered in early august and delivery should be end of October, praying itl be early tho ! Went for Nevada white with black wheels and Mirrors ! What did you go for ? :)

:) ouch on the waiting time that's got to be a killer waiting that long, mind you its not too far off now :D. I was very lucky in that sense only been waiting about a month for mine emocition red with black 17" Tagus wheels and wheel insert caps too. Think the wait on my DS3 was about 2 week's, just seems the closer it gets the mote of a big kid I become like waiting for Christmas lol.
That's a nice colour combo don't see many of them around where I live seen 1 or 2 think it was speed blue and t'other was the nice green colour but not any whites :) are you having them spray your mirrors black?

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
:) ouch on the waiting time that's got to be a killer waiting that long, mind you its not too far off now :D. I was very lucky in that sense only been waiting about a month for mine emocition red with black 17" Tagus wheels and wheel insert caps too. Think the wait on my DS3 was about 2 week's, just seems the closer it gets the mote of a big kid I become like waiting for Christmas lol.
That's a nice colour combo don't see many of them around where I live seen 1 or 2 think it was speed blue and t'other was the nice green colour but not any whites :) are you having them spray your mirrors black?

It is haha ! I know closer by the day, I'm counting the hours ha ! Not bad wait that :)
Smart set up that ! I'm liking it ! Same wheels here just got them black lacquered too ! What are the wheel insert caps ? Yer I'm hoping not many people will ! Need to stand out ;)

What did you think of ds3 n how come you changed it ? Quite a few ds3 converts on here :)
I don't care about Xmas just want my car ha ! Seen one speed blue knocking about near me too ! Mirrors are getting sent off wrapped and sent back farther than spray :)

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
It is haha ! I know closer by the day, I'm counting the hours ha ! Not bad wait that :)
Smart set up that ! I'm liking it ! Same wheels here just got them black lacquered too ! What are the wheel insert caps ? Yer I'm hoping not many people will ! Need to stand out ;)

What did you think of ds3 n how come you changed it ? Quite a few ds3 converts on here :)
I don't care about Xmas just want my car ha ! Seen one speed blue knocking about near me too ! Mirrors are getting sent off wrapped and sent back farther than spray :)

Same here but it seems to drag when I do that so keeping myself as occupied as humanly possible. I don't know how I got that wait because there's a back log of waiting VW said end of january for a GTI Polo, skoda said abpu t December for a VRs fabia so was surprised at a month :D.
That's cool :) not seen ones with blackened Tagus wheels Seat offered to do them for me with not having any black optional wheels think they all looked silver or dark silver not anthricite grey which would have been nice too.
Is seat spraying your wheels also? Are you doing the wrap of the wing mirrors once you've picked up the car or ordering spare ones sending them off and giving them to seat?
Even got them to fit the upgraded fogs I bought if I have to stick with the cornering fogs thought I'd at least get white 5k bulbs

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire

Oh didn't see the bottom part sorry mate :). The DS3 was a good looking car but the mechanical faults I had inunder a year and citroens service is a four letter word for poo and its not poop lol.
But had enough took 8 months for 4 alloy wheel replacements to happen after me fighting like hell :(. There's just bits going wrong and its taken the love for the car away unfortunately so managed to part ex and get an awesome deal on the Ibiza :) can't wait after test driving it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.