Windscreen wipers squeaking badly!

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Hello all,

Time has come where rain is here basically every day!
Since my wipers squeak like mad, I am guessing they are on their way out?
I have tried polishing the windscreen with glass cleaner but wipers still squeak =[

Which wipers are best for the mk2 Leon?
Any suggestions?
Stealers want £52 for a pair!!!! Obviously not paying that!

Let me know
Thanks

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
Yeah just checked Bosch aerotwin just type in Leon wipers if really on tight budget there are some for £8 dunno how good they'd be

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
On my Altea, the Bosch were 100% identical to the Seat wipers, and no other company makes them. Leon blades are not so unique, but worth getting David to quote. He just quoted someone else on the Altea forum less than I paid on carparts4less a few months ago.

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
You mention cleaning the screen, but what about the wiper blades? They collect a lot of road muck on their surface and should be cleaned regularly to keep them working well.

My car is over 6 years old and still has the original blades.

paul7619

Jul 21, 2011
LLanelli
As your getting rid of your car, after 3 months of ownership, i would say get the cheapest or dont even change them. But if you do keep your car than buy the OEM ones you cant get better. My car lasted 6yrs until they started squeeking. I put up with it for 2 months, than bought blades from SEAT for 38 quid, they wanted close to 50 quid to start with. Why did i wait 2 months of squeeking before i bought new ones as its always bloody raining in Wales

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
As your getting rid of your car, after 3 months of ownership, i would say get the cheapest or dont even change them. But if you do keep your car than buy the OEM ones you cant get better. My car lasted 6yrs until they started squeeking. I put up with it for 2 months, than bought blades from SEAT for 38 quid, they wanted close to 50 quid to start with. Why did i wait 2 months of squeeking before i bought new ones as its always bloody raining in Wales

Selling was a thoight, but i would probably be buying OEM from Dave @ Seres =]

Deleted member 74601

Get some IPA (or at worst, Vinegar) and put it on a paper towel.

Keep rubbing the blades until no more black **** comes off.

Lots of people end up changing their blades even though they just need a clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.