Holdup's 05 LCR RR - Revo Stage 2, Quaife LSD to fit!

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Piephone weather app says sunny tomorrow, so once i get out of bed (1pm probably :D ) i'll give them a bash and the car a wash.

Nice, by my maths i work that out about 22 quid?

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Before:

hamaqyty.jpg

After:

a3ynu2ap.jpg

:D

Old arms came off no problem, i was expecting a fight but they took seconds, cleaned up the spigots (or what ever they are called) and put a tiny amount of multi purpose on for the future, cut the passenger side blade down, got the size spot on too, need to cut drivers one down a bit but that can wait as i feel like death currently, did lose one of the nut covers though, it went flying into the engine bay and i think its on top of the undertray :(

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
They look good mate. Do they clear better than standard wipers and are they silent??? My standard passenger side one judders all the time no matter what I do.

What's needed to fit the aero ones???

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Ive only tried squirting the washer jet a couple of times earlier to test them but yea imo they are a little better and a little quieter.

No modding needed to fit, if you can get a set of aero arms from a mk4 Golf? (I think?) or Bora then its a straight swap, well i say no modding but the blades do need cutting down a bit or alternately get a set of retro fit flat blades

Last edited:

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
enedeva2.jpg

:D now just gotta wait for my silver bulbs to turn up!

On a sadder note the cap has gone missing on my passenger side wiper blade and the rubber is sliding out when the wipers are on :(

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's what it says mate :D out of interest where have you ordered your silver side indicator bulbs from? link would be appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited:

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
That's what it says mate :D out of interest where have you ordered your silver side indicator bulbs from? link would be appreciated.
Cheers

I may purchase them then :p

Sure:
1J0949117
and 8D0971273 for the fitting

Got the part no's from this guy they are vw part no's

I got my side repeaters 2nd hand off ebay but havent got the fitting yet which is actualy part of the wiring loom, went to my local vw dealer the other day and they are just under £16 each :eek: so will order them when my new credit card turns up

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Cleaned the car, fitted my new wiper blades and trial fitted a side repeater as still no looms

Before

amabe6u3.jpg

ezavupes.jpg

After

y4ezejen.jpg

ypysajuj.jpg

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cool. I always hear good things about Weitecs. Will you be fitting them yourself? It's a manageable job, just a shame it's cold and miserable outside :cry:

The car will look great and drive even better once they're fitted. I look forward to the pics :)

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Cool. I always hear good things about Weitecs. Will you be fitting them yourself? It's a manageable job, just a shame it's cold and miserable outside :cry:

The car will look great and drive even better once they're fitted. I look forward to the pics :)

I didnt do much reviewing but I asked about the AP's, Weitecs and the KW's and Damian at DPM said the Weitecs were a good all rounder so I went with them :p It looks like I will be fitting them myself but I will employ some of my mates to come and help, planning on doing them next weekend as I am working both Sat and Sun this weekend but have next weekend off, then I'll have to bribe my brother into tracking the car for me. I cant wait to get them on, i think they are just what it needs as I have been questioning my wheel colour for a while now but I think lowering it will make it look 1000000x better. Thanks I'll get them up as soon as they are fitted.

Cars coming along nicely, looks very smart. You will like the Weitec's, Have them on mine also.

Thank you, I've got to keep this car for quite a long time so I want to do everything properly and not rush with it although I am quite impatient :D What setting have you got your at? i was thinking about starting at 30mm initially and maybe going from there.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Can't remember exactly what setting I set the coilovers at. We put the car on the floor first and worked upwards lol whatever you do I'd advise setting the front slightly lower to the rear for a more balanced feel especially at higher speeds.

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Perfect, I must get mine sorted.

Thnaks. Havent got my looms yet, dont know if I can justify £30+vat for two bits of wire im going to cut so I might look around some scrappies when I take some time off work

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Can't remember exactly what setting I set the coilovers at. We put the car on the floor first and worked upwards lol whatever you do I'd advise setting the front slightly lower to the rear for a more balanced feel especially at higher speeds.

Cheers for the info, might possibly attempt to fit my strut brace at the same time. Got to get some new top mounts from work now, was looking at polly ones but wasnt sure about them lowering the front by another 10mm

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
gupydehe.jpg

Porrrrrn!

Will kinda be a shame to fit them but the end results going to be brilliant. So the car has just left to have the coilovers, new top mounts and strut brace fitted, hopefully these will transform the car as i had a bit of an issue the other night going round a roundabout and i didnt want to push it any faster yet i went round the same roundabout in my work Renualt Kangoo van at the same speed with no issues :/

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
suty3avy.jpg

Quick picture from when the car came back last night :D

Going to clean it later get the decent camera and get some better photos

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.