your opinion on jetex filters

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
Im getting a 80mm jetex filter with a reducer to fit ow lc 180 along with a heat shield

i was just wondering what your opinion is on these filters from all angles

Anyone felt any difference with them?

Much difference in sound?

Do you like it are you happy with it and what are the cons and disadvantages with it?

Thanks in advance :)

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
To be fair, its just an air filter. They aren't a 50 shot of NOS.

Everybody buys one because they sound angry, and to be fair they do sound angry, but the reality is, its just a filter man. It will filter air the same as the others, it will **** your MAF the same as the others, and it will give you the same 1bhp as the others.

Apr 13, 2011
hull

Everybody buys one because they sound angry, and to be fair they do sound angry, but the reality is, its just a filter man. It will filter air the same as the others, it will **** your MAF the same as the others, and it will give you the same 1bhp as the others.

20000 miles and my maff is still fine :p lol
I do agree they are the same as any other filter through air filters are just a personal preffrance at the end of the day

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
To be fair its pretty well documented that our engines can (with an emphasis on can for the argumentative ones) take a disliking to open cones.

Not always, but deffonately sometimes.

My point was that they are all nigh on identical, and I bet if you tested 5 cones on a car you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference.

I have a JR filter, and I like it because its big, blue, sounds angry and looks good. If I had a different cone, would I pay 70 quid to change it to a Jetex?

No chance.

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
For what its worth my MAF has been fine too, its ****ed at the mo but that's my own fault for using the wrong thing to clean it. As I say, my point was that a Jetex is hardly going to be night and day over the alternatives.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex

Id agree that people like and buy them for induction and dv sound and id not be suprised if you get no extra bhp at all.
My figures when mapped in with a green panel filter so cone filters are not really needed.

But after 6 months there was a big black stain in the middle of the filter, rather than the whole filter working it just seemed to be middle doing all the work. Cone filters dont have this problem so probably flow better for longer.
Not sure where your getting the Maf thing from?

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
Man I've read it all over the place that 1.8t engines don't like open cones, something to do with the oil. Like I say, I'm not saying as a fact, but I've certainly read it a few times :)

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
Jetex and Jr filters don't use oil, k&n do. People have had Mafs die using k&n's yet other people haven't. May have nothing to do with the oil as we all know Mafs are rubbish.

There is a big thread on here reviewing air filters and if I remember the jetex/Jr flowed more g/s for cheap money than other filters tested. I've had a jetex for 25000 miles and my maf has been fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Man I've read it all over the place that 1.8t engines don't like open cones, something to do with the oil. Like I say, I'm not saying as a fact, but I've certainly read it a few times :)

Yeah but its often the case that theyve been cleaned and reoiled with too much which has ended up all over the maf sensor. Peeps go nuts with the oil.

Second issue is how there mounted. If not secured they will bounce around and vibrate which will damage the maf.

Set up correctly and oiled correctly there fine :)

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
Is it worth going for? Im getting a TIP and a 3" downpipe with decat along with cobra sport system... Or would you recommend something else?

Reason I am going for an 80mm one is so that I could upgrade turbo in future if I wanted to so il have the extra 10mm to play with so thinking of getting 80mm filter with reducer etc and would you recommend going for the heat shield???

westy989

Nov 28, 2009
Cambridge
I am also looking at buying one, right this second actually! so its the 70mm one i want for standard lcr? I don't care about more BHP i just want to hear turbo noise. It makes me excited just thinking about it haha

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
I am also looking at buying one, right this second actually! so its the 70mm one i want for standard lcr? I don't care about more BHP i just want to hear turbo noise. It makes me excited just thinking about it haha

No mate the LCR is 80mm standard, I have a LC that's why I need the reducer as mine is normally 70mm

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members