Front mount paranoia

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
Hey guys, quick one, fitted my front mount the other weekend an everything was fine, not givin it a hard drive since as waiting to fit my milltek an get it mapped, but this morning i was getting almost like a whistling sound when i was in boost? could this be an issue with a squashed pipe or something more serious?iv checked over with the bumper on but all the pipework seems clear, no leakes either as still holds boost fine?

Bit confused, any help or if someone could shine a light on it for me would bee great!

Thanks

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
pulled the TIP off an had a good look around an inside the turbo an there is no play etc out of the norm either :-s

Mark_vRS

Full Retard
Feb 22, 2010
Blackpool
as above what FMIC have you got? Has it got lipped alloy pipes? Alomost definate it's a boost leak. Check over all the hoses, re-tighten etc.

Last edited:

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
Hey guys, yeah all pipe work is lipped, so guessing over missed tightening one somewhere! Will have a stab at it this afternoon, it's as I suspected just wanted to make sure :)

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
If its the eBay one check where the pipe meets the standard pipe work. Had a lot of trouble with this one on mine

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.