No bluetooth audio streaming. Who's the culprit?

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
lol Thank you very much mate! Pics are just fine ;)

So a 7P6 unit it is... Hmmm, it seems then like the culprit is, after all, my BT unit. 7P6 units do certainly support bluetooth audio streaming.

Mate, would it be too much to ask for a pic of your connector plug showing the number of wires that come from the head unit?

Once again, thanks :)

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Sure, mate. I just got back from university and I apologize but I totally forgot about this, especially since my friend gave me a ride because I have the spare wheel tire on till my alloy is fixed and I don't really want to drive it. lol

I will take pictures when I am out again.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
OK, after a couple of tests and with the help of my man Tarek, I managed to conclude who the culprit was.

Just in case this may help anyone who's in my same situation, I'm pretty sure the culprit was my BT unit. How can I be so sure of that? Simple, after I switched from my RCD 310 HU to a RNS 315 one, the lack of audio streaming was still there even though the BT unit got perfectly integrated with the RNS. Also, my mate Tarek confirmed that he did have this audio streaming option in his RCD 310 because he had a more advanced BT unit. After all this, I diconnected mine and managed to enable the RNS built in BT, and that got me the audio streaming option I had been looking for working as it should :funk:

Cheers!

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
OK, after a couple of tests and with the help of my man Tarek, I managed to conclude who the culprit was.

Just in case this may help anyone who's in my same situation, I'm pretty sure the culprit was my BT unit. How can I be so sure of that? Simple, after I switched from my RCD 310 HU to a RNS 315 one, the lack of audio streaming was still there even though the BT unit got perfectly integrated with the RNS. Also, my mate Tarek confirmed that he did have this audio streaming option in his RCD 310 because he had a more advanced BT unit. After all this, I diconnected mine and managed to enable the RNS built in BT, and that got me the audio streaming option I had been looking for working as it should :funk:

Cheers!

So basically you didn't do anything other than disconnect your bt unit under your seat, and reconnect?

Edit: just re read what you said...the 310 unit has Bluetooth built in? Didn't know that at all. Now you've disconnected the one under your seat and connected directly to the head unit?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
That's awesome news, man, congratulations. I am glad you worked it out, you're going to love Bluetooth audio streaming, and believe me, it's not as "bad quality" as people make it out to be, I actually enjoy it quite a lot. When you're connected to your head unit and streaming audio through it, can you see what song is being played on your head unit and control the device from there?

@cupra_ahhh I am pretty sure I read somewhere that RNS315 has Bluetooth wherehas RNS310 doesn't.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
VAGUE has the RNS310 unit. Don't want to sound a bit dim here, but what exactly did you do to get the BT audio streaming? Did you change any hardware? Software in vagcom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Oh wow.. sorry I misread that. Well then as I said, I read the RNS315 has bluetooth while the RNS310 doesn't, so that's weird. Perhaps there are trims when it comes to head units? lol.. although I hardly doubt it, some HUs may come with extra features??

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
So basically you didn't do anything other than disconnect your bt unit under your seat, and reconnect?

Edit: just re read what you said...the 310 unit has Bluetooth built in? Didn't know that at all. Now you've disconnected the one under your seat and connected directly to the head unit?

VAGUE has the RNS310 unit. Don't want to sound a bit dim here, but what exactly did you do to get the BT audio streaming? Did you change any hardware? Software in vagcom?

No mate, it's just as Tarek said, my current HU is an RNS 315 and that's why I was finally able to have audio streaming, it's got built-in bluetooth capabilities which include this specific feature and all I had to do was disconnect my BT 5K0 unit that came from factory, no programming was necessary.

RNS 310 HU's don't have integrated bluetooth at all. Here you can have a look at its full specs:

http://www.satnavsystems.com/main/vw-rns-310-navigation-system-2/

Cheers!

That's awesome news, man, congratulations. I am glad you worked it out, you're going to love Bluetooth audio streaming, and believe me, it's not as "bad quality" as people make it out to be, I actually enjoy it quite a lot. When you're connected to your head unit and streaming audio through it, can you see what song is being played on your head unit and control the device from there?

@cupra_ahhh I am pretty sure I read somewhere that RNS315 has Bluetooth wherehas RNS310 doesn't.

Cheers mate, I totally agree with you in that, BT audio is as good as having a USB/SD memory plugged in, in fact there's no noticeable difference in audio quality at all but you do have the wireless connectivity advantage so, I'd say it's a big win ;)

As for the RNS 315 BT audio streaming characteristics, I can perfectly control everything from it and even from my steering wheel (track changing and skipping, volume level, etc.), but it doesn't seem to be able to show any track information on its main display nor in the DIS at my cluster, all it shows is the phrase "Audio Bluetooth" and that's about it. I'm not quite sure if this has to do with the HU or with my cell phone, though.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Nah that's just how Bluetooth systems work, I suppose, since that's how it is on my RCD310 and on my friend's '12 Jeep Wrangler. Both you and him have the ability to change tracks whereas I cannot, though, I can only control the volume. I am guessing that's one difference between standard and premium Bluetooth? I don't even know which one mine is. lol

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Ah I see, OK I understand. You thought you had a 310 but when you started investigating you fond you had a 315. I'm gonna have to pull mine out now and see. Are the two visually identical? I'd love this feature, but pretty sure ive only got the 310. :( sad times.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I am pretty sure you can tell between them because one has navigation and the other doesn't? They do look identical but I believe there is a button on the 315 that says "NAV" while it doesn't exist on the 310.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
That's what I thought, but on post number 6, Vague added photos of the head unit he has, and its the 310, NOT the sat nav version. Its a good unit, I really like this hu.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Which one do you like? The 310 or the 315? Any one of them would be perfect for me as I have the RCD310 and I hate it!!! lol

By the way,

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/ORGYVAGUE/LEON FR/DSC_0064-1.jpg

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=365362

Yeah some things got lost in translation here, these two threads are about seperate issues but one is irrelevant as vague no longer has the 310. I have the 310, upgraded it from the entry level unit. I think its OK,thinking out loud, the sound quality isn't that great.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Ah I see, OK I understand. You thought you had a 310 but when you started investigating you fond you had a 315. I'm gonna have to pull mine out now and see. Are the two visually identical? I'd love this feature, but pretty sure ive only got the 310. :( sad times.

LOL no mate, I never mentioned the RNS 310 unit here, perhaps you thought I did because the one that came from factory with my car was the RCD 310, which is a completely different unit.

But yes, RNS 310 and RNS 315 HU's are visually identical, you can't tell the difference between them unless you compare their part numbers.

Let's do this, why don't you take yours out to get its actual part number and I'll find out for you (with the help of ETKA, of course :p) whether it is an RNS 310 or an RNS 315?

I am pretty sure you can tell between them because one has navigation and the other doesn't? They do look identical but I believe there is a button on the 315 that says "NAV" while it doesn't exist on the 310.

Both of them have satellite navigation mate. As I told Mr. cupra_aaaaaah, it's visually impossible to tell the difference between them :(

Last edited:

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Ahhh right! Sorry guys, making a complete tit of myself!:(

Not at all mate, now that I'm reading everything things did get a bit confusing :think:

Anyway, so you actually have an RCD 310 instead of an RNS 310 HU? OK, if that's the case then as I've mentioned before you should really check your BT unit. In my post #15 you can find the instructions to gain access to it, then share its part number here to confirm what you need to change in order to have this audio streaming option available.

Last edited:

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Ha, yes; i have the RCD 310 with the BT unit under the seat. I've seen on you tube a guy shows you how to enable audio streaming, but it's gotta be to do with the BT box. I'll check it out tomorrow and post what details they are. :)

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Yeah.. and check the first page of this thread so you can compare your BT unit with the ones posted here. I totally forgot to check how many wires are connected to my BT unit but hopefully, if I can remember, I'll do so in the morning before I head off to university.

We tried this yesterday on my friends 2010 with factory fit bluetooth, he has just got the 315, fitted it but no audio streaming - option is there on the unit, but it says 'bluetooth audio not available'

Tried disconnecting the unit under the seat, but then there is no bluetooth at all.

Under his seat is a different BT unit to mine, his code is;

1Z0 035 729 C

Plus both his and mine have 2 brackets on one side that are screwed in, yet the part above from VAGUE actually has 3 screw mounting holes?

Very strange!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.