Waving goodbye to the Leon

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
Ordering my new car Friday, waving goodbye to my mixed bag Leon. Going for something slightly different.

Mini Countryman Cooper S all4.

Test drove the SD and it sounded like a bag of spanners so plumping for the petrol. Going to miss my 300tqs though.

Thoughts?

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
not the biggest fault, injector problems which melt a hole in the piston, wreck the head, melt the spark plug and injector!!, clutch and flywheel very weak, and costs three times the money service wise,
I would not own one if no warranty :)
But thats just me a seen all the bad things

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
lol dont get me wrong there are a great car!!
just not for me :)
I like the nav system in it with video play back and ipod conection!!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
having worked for BMW for the last six years all I will say is Good Luck :)

Well I'll put it out there that my parents have had loads of BMW's over the last few years and a mini cooper S and they've had no issues apart from one X5 that BMW couldn't sort. A full refund was given, though, and they then bought another one!

So not all owners experience issues and hopefully dukebox won't!

Enjoy your new car! :D

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
My better half has a 62 plate Mini Countryman Cooper SD. It's got 700 miles on her and is sounding better by the day. Drives ok actually ;)

Good luck, I've found BMW to be less than helpful with aftercare, dont think they could care leas once they had our 25k!!

Cheer and enjoy,

Mikey

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I like how the CountryMan looks, to be honest, because it looks distinguished from other Minis and, in my opinion, is much more practical and won't lose as much money when selling it as a Mini Cooper S would; however, Minis in general are truly overpriced here and I wouldn't pick one over a BMW (since they're both quite expensive) new-shape 3-series since the latter just looks outstanding and is made of great quality. I agree, though, about the countless problems Mini cars have and BMW as well, but then again every car has its problem, it's all about how much care you give to the car by doing regular maintenance, constant checks, etc. to make sure everything is running smoothly.

When all is said and done, though, going from a Leon to a Countryman S is actually a huge transformation since, in my opinion, they're both so different.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Good luck, I've found BMW to be less than helpful with aftercare, dont think they could care leas once they had our 25k!!

I'd agree with that! That, and also the rubbish service from BMW salesman, is now the reason why my parents will more than likely, never buy another BMW!

They had a two month battle to reject that car. BMW had the x5 for 3 days to fix it, and it never even made it into the workshop. My mum went to collect it to be told a technician hadn't even looked at it! My mum owned it for 10 weeks, of that 10 weeks it spent 4 WHOLE WEEKS in the garage.

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Jarre, that's a nightmare, especially after buying a new X5!!

Some stealers will be better than others, but my experience just isn't good enough IMO.

And yes bud, there's nothing "mini" about it lol!!

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
The X5 is a cracking car but again one big fault the washer pipe would break just by the front seat filling the foot wells up with water and with the control units being there can cause big problems! But i would still have one lol

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The X5 is a cracking car but again one big fault the washer pipe would break just by the front seat filling the foot wells up with water and with the control units being there can cause big problems! But i would still have one lol

Yeah they loved them and couldn't find another car as good as it until they drove a cayenne. The X5 has since made way for a new delivery that will be here at the end of November!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members