the correct way to do the n249 and SAI bypass

mc funbot

its a beast its got boost
Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
hey folks i dont meen to be rude but all i keep seeing is this done WRONG i have seen some really bad ways this has been removed it is easy take all of 20min i worked this out on my car after looking for a guide an not getting the info i needed you need if you just want to do the n249.

2mtrs of 4mm vac like
few zip ties
5mm alen key
10mm socket

i dont think i can make this any easier unless you turn up at my house an i do it.my mum hates cars an she worked it out fine.
i have been on paint an dont a great job of colour coding stuff for you lovely people!!
ready to begin?

there is a black box on top of your engine the BOX OF **** marked in RED on my picture.
undo the alen key bolts this will lift off.un clip the plugs to the resitors,put the resitors to one side you may need them.

push your new vac line on to your dv marked in YELLOW an route it to the nipple on the bottom of the inlet mani also marked in YELLOW

then another lenght of vac line from the FPR marked in GREEN the the other nipple under the inlet mani marked in GREEN

then you need your last lenght of vac line going from your SAI marked in LIGHT BLUE to the nipple on your actuator, these lines would all be routed to the back box sure you will see.
the 2 cables you unpluged from the resitors can now be plugged back in to them this will stop any engine lights coming on your dash,if you dont want to use them you can use 330ohm 10 watt restistors of ebay or your local computer store. tape upi the wires an your sorted

if you are removing the SAI aswell just block of the actuator line with a bolt an remove the SAI an put a blanking plate over it that you can get of ebay or forge site.follow the black pipe to your pump located at the front bottom of the engine. 3 8mm alen key bolts an undo and unplug i put the wire out then way JOB DONE
if i have missed anything im sorry plenty of pics for you guys to see..

n249.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_3850-Copy.jpg

IMG_3851-Copy.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

Reactions: turboboy

andiman

why walk when we have car
Oct 8, 2011
rotherham
Pretty good but a little miss guiding towards the end , the pictures of red piping , can this be done on all tdi or only on cupra, fr model leons

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Might take a look at mine at the weekend and see if I follow through as you say. Need to give things a good clean even if I don't go ahead with this little mod

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
I thought I'd do this as I can't stand seeing the mess some people make. So many different ways and I know this works I figured out on my own after looking at so many different threads an so many different ways any questions just ask I have this set up on my estate an both my cupras NEVER Had a problem!

ScottyCupra20VT

Great Thread ill be giving this a go next weekend cheers bro.

Aug 22, 2011
aberdeen
where is every1 getting there 330ohm 10 watt resistors?

Maplin dont do 330ohm in 10watt and the only ones i can find on ebay are from hong kong.

Anyone got any links etc and are you positive its 10 watt?

Aug 22, 2011
aberdeen
Yeah i was thinking of just leaving the two valves plugged in but hidden away but i have removed the carbon canister 2 so was just going to resistor everything.

why does it have to be 10watt resistors, would 7watt do??

May 2, 2006
unplumb the valves but leave the electrics plugged in - extend the wiring and move the valves to hide behind the scuttle panel

iv heard of resistors messing up ECU's, not alot of them, but it has happened a number of times
could have been wrong resistors or incorrectly installed though :shrug:

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
I have resisters In my Ibiza and had no problems it's normally due to people using the wrong ones. In my estate I kept them plugged in an fitted then out the way. I'm glad this simple thread helps.. Even tho i had so much sh*t over it got told it liked like a 5 year old did it. I said I well it's correct and it works! Haha

reece27

Done this last night on mines, and what a diff it made to the car. Didnotice tho there was a broken T and the old vac lines had seen better days. One thing tho is the dv doesnt sound quite right and am wondering if theres ment to be a one way valve on the vac line to the dv?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.