Problem with AUX input

WalterWhite

Oct 11, 2012
Hi all, I'm having problems with the Aux connector on my 09 FR. Have tried numerous leads including the seat iPhone lead and various iPhones, iPods etc. I get perfect sound from the right side of the car but terrible on the left (like listening underwater) if i fiddle with the lead near the car connector it gets better or worse. Cd and radio sound perfect so it's not the speakers. Any ideas ??? Any one had similar problems? Shall I take it to the dealers to look at ?

Thanks

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
It's a known problem pal. I had it aswell only just bought it from the dealers so I took it back and they replaced the console. Don't get fobbed off if they try an sell you a genuine cable for £80 that still won't work.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Try cleansing the connector with a non-alcohol based cleaning liquid and a thin cotton bud.

If that doesn't work you're going to require to do some interiors dismounting to check the "sanity" of the AUX connector's wiring. How to achieve that will depend on whether your León is pre FL or FL.

Cheers!

Jul 9, 2012
On a per face lift isn't too bad to get it out bout 8 screws that hold the centre consol in and then it's easy to get to
If ur local to hemel I would give u a hand if u got the part

Last edited:

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
took mine out with a screwdriver but did leave a tiny bit of damage that I don't notice, bought replacement of Dave at Sere, £20 if memory serves.

EDIT - I think I sent in from the side but the "clips" (bevel on the socket) were top and bottom (I THINK) and if I'd known would have taken console out as it is supposed to be pretty easy.

Last edited:

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hiya mate, my 59 reg FL Cupra had the same issue, luckily mine was in warranty so got it sorted, but yeah, just thought i'd come on here and put my little bit in, it's a known fault, or known to happen.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.