WP_000936.jpg

WP_000946.jpg

WP_000949.jpg

WP_000952.jpg

WP_000953.jpg

WP_000956.jpg

Last edited:

MuirrayM_

Ibiza looks great.. must fair shift too. Excellent thread, alot of time and money must'ave gone into this car. What bhp is it running the now?

May 2, 2006
nice pics of the nurburg trip :thumbup:

my 2p regarding your car - i hated getting rid of mine, blood sweat tears and alot of money went into it, i regretted it for a very long time..... until i got something new. then whenever i got into a cupra the performance still made me smile but the car as a whole just felt old.

Streight line performance will always be awesome in the cupra, but bends tend to make the cupra suffer, if your serious about getting a good track car setup, unless you want to spend £££ on the cupra getting it to something like Mr Billy Badgers handling wise, id start off with a better handling car full stop, and work up on that.

Whatever you do robbie, all the best, dont rush into anything

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers David - you've really hit the nail on the head there.

Performance wise, the car makes me smile everytime I drive it - but there's no getting away from the fact it's an 11 year old cheap hatchback, which became all the more apparent when I got the BMW last year.

That said, I'm in a lucky position to have a nice second car for daily use so it makes sense to dedicate the Cupra for track use, rather than show it off at shows. With my existing modifications I have a pretty good base foundation to build upon and make it into a more focused track car; where I'd have to spend a lot of money on something else comparable if I did get rid of it now.

The only other car I've driven that really excites me _and_ looks the part is the S2 Exige S, but for ~25k I struggle to justify what I'm really getting above and beyond the Cupra for so much more money. Whatever I do I won't make any rash decisions - it'll come off the road for Winter soon so I can really decide how I feel about it next Spring.

Ibiza looks great.. must fair shift too. Excellent thread, alot of time and money must'ave gone into this car. What bhp is it running the now?

Thanks - it's a good little underdog.

5 years in the making and still going. It's only at 274 BHP, 310 lb/ft on the little K03, but the engine build has potential for much more now.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
A few weekends ago I decided to take Pedro along with a few other Cupras to Castle Combe Action Day, with a few track sessions for good measure.

This time I fitted my Compomotive wheels with Yoko Advan AD08s to see how they fared on track compared to the abysmal performance of my OE wheels and Rainsports at Nurburg in August. This absolutely transformed the stability and handling out on track, and the car has a better stance with these on too. I can't see me running OE wheels ever again on this car.

WP_001296.jpg

WP_001295.jpg

WP_001297.jpg

WP_001304.jpg

308016_10152168315520422_1182597233_n.jpg

311224_10152168314895422_450829359_n.jpg

Also hit a little milestone just lately, though the engine itself has only covered 3,000

WP_001294.jpg

A couple of pics captured whilst out on track:

398540_10152168312715422_533336887_n.jpg

3 wheels ftw:

246738_10152168297400422_1507258319_n.jpg

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Very nice Rob, a good set of track wheels and tyres was the only thing this was missing (maybe a Big Turbo aswell)

I was at AKS the other week and was talking to him about you. Good to see you've still got it and using it to its potential :)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
One of the cars one the drift sessions didn't have the best day however, coming off in spectacular style at Quarry corner:

WP_001301.jpg

WP_001302.jpg

Since Action Day the car has now been SORN'ed and tucked back into the garage for Winter so I can make a decision as to what I'm doing with it in the spring.

WP_001379.jpg

More recently I've also had fun test driving one of the TKM championship karts with some friends up at PF International circuit; epic amounts of fun

WP_001325.jpg

WP_001330.jpg

I also went over to Silverstone last month to support a friend's team for the Britcar 24hr, racing a 993 GT2

WP_001337.jpg

WP_001352.jpg

WP_001360.jpg

WP_001362.jpg

WP_001368.jpg

Several mechanical failures (including gearbox) meant that they didn't finish very strong but a great experience to be a small part of.

I've also got a load of pics from BMW World in Munich and the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart that I stopped by on my way back from Munich in August; if there's interest in these pics I can post these up too.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Last but not least, I'm planning on doing this little route with a couple of friends this coming Friday night, starting around 10pm and returning home early morning.

Route.png

This will take us along some of the best roads the UK has to offer, including

- Black Mountain Pass
- Llanberis Pass
- Two sides of the Evo Triangle
- Snake pass
- Oopnurthring in the Peak District
- Fosse way back to home

Over 600 miles in one go will be an interesting challenge but should prove something different and a lot of fun :)

Last edited:

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
Nice update Rob, car looks 100% better on those compomotive's!!;)

You planning on doing that little road trip in your work car?

Tom

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Last but not least, I'm planning on doing this little route with a couple of friends this coming Friday night, starting around 10pm and returning home early morning.

Route.png

- Black Mountain Pass
- Llanberis Pass
- Snake pass
- Fosse way back to home

Over 600 miles in one go will be an interesting challenge but should prove something different and a lot of fun :)

Be going past my house almost!

Enjoy

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks for the comments, great to see people still following this thread.

Yeah that's the Fosse Way by K, nice little road - I'll be doing it in the BM. 43,000 in 14 months and still looking good ;)

Cheers Tom, glad to put them to use at last

Josh - I've been doing odd bits of karting in DMax over the past couple of years but always focussed more on track days than going more serious in the karts. The TKMs are epic fun

May 2, 2006

Route.png

- Black Mountain Pass
- Llanberis Pass
- Snake pass
- Fosse way back to home

few minutes further down from wrexham and you would be on horse shoe pass - pretty similar to snake pass near sheffield - good road ! (near oswestry)

good luck going past tywyn, i think sheep outnumber people their 13-1 - watch yourself on them roads, i took out a badger just the other week (work all over north and mid wales) took pretty much my front end out......

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers David.

15 hours and 680 miles later, we made it back home at 2pm Sat afteroon :)

Absolutely exhausting but brilliant fun; it's fair to say I underestimated how much this was to tackle in one hit but that made it all the more of an experience.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members