cruise control and front fog lights

james-barnes1

well i have just recently baught a 59 plate ibiza and i was wanting cruise control and front fog lights as mine doesnt have them how if possible can you fit them

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
Fog lights, I suppose there's no reason why you shouldn't. It might be quite expensive though, you will need a new bumper, spraying the bumper, lamp holders, switch unit. You will probably have to run a separate feed from the battery to the switch, then from there a feed to a relay for the lamps. so yes I suppose it could be possible, but it going to be a lot of messing about. just depends how much you want fogs.

Cruise control, I have no idea if its even possible. it will require indicator stalks if it is, but as I say I really don't know if its possible, or how easy it would be to enable.

You have to ask yourself, is it worth it? I know its not always what you want to hear, but maybe think about swapping the car for one with those things. It might even work out cheaper.

james-barnes1

well i know there are holes behind the blanking covers for the fogs i need the switxh fog lamps and the grills so would i need to run wires to the switch

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Cruise is fairly easy, (well was on my a3) Should be case of a new wiper stalk and code it in? Mine cost around £150 from an independant and audi wanted £185.. So Seat should be similar costing:)

james-barnes1

well i had a go at wiring up some fogs into a car that didnt have fogs all went well and working properly the blancking grills have fog holes in the bumper so are a straight fit and the wiring needed to be ran to it all but ii dont have the cornering lights witch is a bonus they are annoying you will also need to replace the headlight switch with one that supports the front fog lights and the wiring on the back is nearly there for them theres 3 possible pins it could be 2 are already used 2nd pin in eitherside on the row that is full of pins one will have a wire missing on the plug that plugs into it and i ran a wire from there to a light relay and earthed that loop so the relay switches when you turn them on and the power for the fogs themselfs i took from the interior fuse box 5th fuse in from the right bottom row ran that wire from there to the relay and relay to the fogs and they work well

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.