Polar Fis+now supports white and color cluster.

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Polar Fis+ is back in stock and now it supports white and color cluster. If you have a Polar Fis+ advanced since before the new sw release will support enabling the White and Color cluster as well.
http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/showthread.php?451-WHITE-and-COLOR-cluster-video-working-%28final-beta-v300b8%29

The new SW release will enable even more monitoring values.
http://www.polarteam.net/en/65-polar-fis-advanced.html

NO, i am not in any way truing to sell this product for a profit. Just think it is a great little box that should come OEM from factory ...

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

This looks good, I'd be interested in this.

Does it just plug in and then you can unplug it as you wish?

Deleted member 74601

Looks like you have to plug it into the CANbus gateway. Anyone know where to find it in the Leon?

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Looks like you have to plug it into the CANbus gateway. Anyone know where to find it in the Leon?

Yes, you need to connect it to the canbus gateway as i stated above. In the link you will find the gateway location for left hand driven Leon´s. For you in the UK i remember that some had a really bad location of the canbus gateway. Do a search on here and you will find some threads on the topic.

Deleted member 74601

Apparently it's a total slag to get to which is the only thing that has stopped me getting one!!!

It looks as though Sinbad, who's a member on here has one.

He made a post saying that the location was different to the instructions, and to get to it he had to go through the front of the car and take out the wiper motors etc.

kurfus

Mar 20, 2010
Wow really?

My 1.6TDI has an oil temp sensor, I've monitored it with VAG COM before.

You lucky, our sump doesn't come with the sensor built in...I belive via VAG COM is not possible either, I may be wrong on that.

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
You lucky, our sump doesn't come with the sensor built in...I belive via VAG COM is not possible either, I may be wrong on that.

You, are correct.
But you will be able to monitor so many other values with the polar fis

It looks as though Sinbad, who's a member on here has one.

He made a post saying that the location was different to the instructions, and to get to it he had to go through the front of the car and take out the wiper motors etc.

On my old 2006 Leon it was above the clutch pedal area - so a total and utter nightmare to get to.
There was an area under the windscreen wipers, driver side, under the scuttle panel, where many guides point to it being there - but on the 2006 Leon it was not there, even though the area looked like it could/should house it there.

I can't say whether the newer Leon's have it in that location, I have a 2009, but not going to check lol! but I will put my 2p in and say it's not worth buying anything that requires getting to the Can-bus location, far too much hassle!

Deleted member 74601

I posted on their forums and they said the guide they have for the Octavia is the same as the Leon. So removing the dash underneath the steering column and the gateway should be above the pedals.

However, a search on here, and on their forums, brings up a couple of threads saying you have to go through the front by removing the windscreen washer motor and a panel inside the dash, which sounds like far too much hassle.

My ECU isn't supported anyway :)

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I did my install yesterday, it was really easy. Lay on your back in the footwell with your head and eyes looking up under the pedals and you will hopefully see the canbus gateway.
I did the install in 10 minutes on my Seat leon cupra pre-FL 2009 MK2. I have a left hand driven car and did not need to remove any interior to get to the canbus.

Now it is a pure joy to see how your engines is working.
DSC_02311-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
I did my install yesterday, it was really easy. Lay on your back in the footwell with your head and eyes looking up under the pedals and you will hopefully see the canbus gateway.
I did the install in 10 minutes on my Seat leon cupra pre-FL 2009 MK2. I have a left hand driven car and did not need to remove any interior to get to the canbus.

Now it is a pure joy to see how your engines is working.
DSC_02311-vi.jpg
Thanks for the info mate, do you have any pictures for us mere mortals so we can see what we're doing!?;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.