oil consumption fix possibility?

hodson

Mar 15, 2010
Staffordshire
Just had the breather part fitted on mine last week so will be keeping an eye on it to see if it does make a difference. Fingers crossed!

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
I've updated SEAT UK saying there is growing interest in the part for people to help prevent/protect their car even if they haven't had signs of oil usage. I've also passed on teh dealer name from on here.

Has anyone been able to get any part numbers for me yet or further info on who has had it done?

I can't be alone in wanting to keep my car after warranty or am i just nuts?

Last edited:

hodson

Mar 15, 2010
Staffordshire
Does it like Look much different?? I'd love to see the changes made

If im honest I wouldn't be to sure what I was looking for. Me and my friend had a look and I think there is a new pipe coming out of one of the existing ones but I can't remember if it was there before

I'll take a picture if you want Jay?

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
I'm intrigued folks! My oil issues seem to have subsided recently but if there's a chance at preventing it coming back/getting worse I'm all for it!

If anyone has any luck with part numbers please post them here. I'll try my local dealers tomorrow and see if I have any joy

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
I'm moving house at moment then away for a few weeks.Once I'm back I'll pick up again with seat UK.I emailed the lady dealing with my query the name of the dealers who have supplied updated parts in the hope she will make good on her word and contact them

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Please do hodson. The breather pipe(someone correct me if im wrong) is the pipe going from the top right side of the engine with a rubber tube, leading to the air intake.

Cheers

Jay

P1TT8ULL

Jul 3, 2010
loughton, essex
This engine has two breathers. The small one on the right from top of the engine to the intake system and the larger pipe next to the oil filler cap.

Seanyt

Oct 18, 2010
Bracknell
I just got off the phone from the service centre and they said that there is another pipe which is currently on back stock so there not sure when it will be fixed!

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
My car has done just over 6k and ive put 4 litres of oil in it since new and drinks fuel so ill be selling my boc next year :(

I noticed the fuel consumption has risen also... Not done a proper measure but the comp shows a lot less MPG since new engine.... :shrug:

No matter now i suppose come end of the week. :cry:

Last edited:

Fredthered

Nov 3, 2009
North West
I've just had my car in for its third year service and i mentioned again about the oil problem (mine using 1L every 500 mils or so its a 10 plate cupra). Turns out i need this part fitted so im booked in for a week on friday.

Im sure they didn't do a oil consumtion test (they had the car from 8:30am till 2pm) so maybe seat are releasing it as a recall? we can only hope lol From the breif look of the pics of the part i got it looks like its the larger pipe they are replacing.

I'll let you know how i get on and if i can ill get a copy of that pic they showed me :)

spud31

Rail Zip User
Jul 14, 2011
right done some etka digging for you guys

Top crankcase breather hose is 03C103474AA up to build date 07/11/2011
revised to 03C103474AB from build date 07/11/2011
Now for 2013 models changed to 03C103474AD from build date 28/05/12

Hope this helps

Spud

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
right done some etka digging for you guys

Top crankcase breather hose is 03C103474AA up to build date 07/11/2011
revised to 03C103474AB from build date 07/11/2011
Now for 2013 models changed to 03C103474AD from build date 28/05/12

Hope this helps

Spud

Thanks for this, seat UK closed my case while i was on holiday. I've re-opened and given them the part details, i'll see what they say. My case was closed basically saying there were no updated parts for the 10 plate boc or outstanding recalls.

Now that i've re-opened i'll see what they say.

Cheers

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
is this the small breather hose or is it the large one by the oil filler cap. I know theres a new pcv system. The new engines in 2012 have new engines pretty much. Although the pcv valve will help as itkeeps the crankcase vacum as it should be(btw they kept the revised one on the qt in 2011) its just an attempt to hide the problem. Although the piston rings arnt as good as they should be, the main problem is excessive vibrations from the crank barings which makes th rubbish rings worse. If i was you i would push for oil consumption tests and new piston rings(as well as new pistons which get fitted at the same time) if not a new engine. These older ones are floored. Im currently pushing for just new piston rings as they are a weak point

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members