Replacing Front Fog Bulb on BTCC

Millsy107

Oct 2, 2012
Hi all

New here as you can probably gather... recently bought a 60 plate Leon FR with BTCC and noticed a fog light is out.

I believe i need a HB4 bulb...? To replace the bulb is it the small screw next to the fog on the bumper that i need to undo?

Cheerrrs

Sinbad

Oct 25, 2006
Johannesburg, South Africa
You need to remove the foglight surround grille. On my LC there is one screw at the bottom, inside corner of the grille. Yours may differ.
Then, there are three torx screws holding the foglight assembly into the bumper - and one screw that adjusts the foglight beam's height. Don't mess with that one!

Pull the foglight assembly out and then you can open the back to access the bulb.

Millsy107

Oct 2, 2012
You need to remove the foglight surround grille. On my LC there is one screw at the bottom, inside corner of the grille. Yours may differ.
Then, there are three torx screws holding the foglight assembly into the bumper - and one screw that adjusts the foglight beam's height. Don't mess with that one!

Pull the foglight assembly out and then you can open the back to access the bulb.

Hi thanks for the info... Are you referring to the link below on how to change the fogs?

'seat-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=712&t=66273'

Only with mine is i have a BTCC bumper which means there is no "grille" next to the fog lamps, its a solid bumper. :confused:

Really crap at explaining this but i cant post pics or URL's until i reach 15posts... otherwise i could show you. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help...;)

Sinbad

Oct 25, 2006
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi thanks for the info... Are you referring to the link below on how to change the fogs?

'seat-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=712&t=66273'

Only with mine is i have a BTCC bumper which means there is no "grille" next to the fog lamps, its a solid bumper. :confused:

Really crap at explaining this but i cant post pics or URL's until i reach 15posts... otherwise i could show you. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help...;)

Oh right sorry, didn't realize the btcc was so different! We don't get them here :-/

May 13, 2007
hi to get to fog light bulb on btcc you need to remove the black side bumper vent 2 screws if i remember if you get down low you can see them
then just turn bulb and remove

valley boy1975

i have a supercopa which has similar bumper and have given up trying!!!! i removed the bumper insert on the drivers side and broke one clip and you still cannot get to it as there are pipes etc in the way, so i took the under tray off and there is even more stuff in the way!!! the passenger side is easy to do from underneath and the owners manual says speak to dealer.

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
I have the later vents and cannot access the bulb.
Once you remove the vent there is another black plastic panel/splash guard that appears to be mounted to the inside of the bumper.
If you feel around it, it also contains the mounting screw holes for the vent you just removed.

I don't really see it's purpose as the vent design itself covers this up entirely and is acting as a splash guard.
My only thought is to maybe cut a section of this inner plastic out, so that gou can get your hand therough to the bulbs.

Last edited:

j3uks

Oct 19, 2013
i need to replace both fog ligths on my 2011 plate, as somehow both have smashed to pieces within a week :-( is this a common thing due to how low they are?

james

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.