how to get to central locking pump, and what else to check for dodgy central locking?

Leeds_jj

May 11, 2011
LEEDS/Morley
lovely, cheers guys, errm, any idea where the fuel filter is? haha, did all other service bits, i just couldn't find the darn filter!

Leeds_jj

May 11, 2011
LEEDS/Morley
nice1, i have just been searching on here and found it :D is it easy to get to? i hate having to drive it on a block of wood every time just to get trolley jack under :p

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
Sorry to dig up an old thread... Im not too sure wether my pump is faulty.

I cant push either driver side passenger or driverside door pin down.

Using central locking on car (clifford arrow 5.1) pump doesnt seem to do anything.

However when connecting plug it powers up. And also when moving the spring switch behind the yellow cap it powers up.

Could this be a possible relay problem? Or should i just get a new pump from the stealers?

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
the door pin will not push down if the door is open, thats how it is, so the doors need to be shut before the pins can be pushed down for a start...

Not sure what the spring clip behind the yellow cap is, but test to see if the pump works as it should with the key in the door lock when locking the car...

If nothing id probably suggest that someones had a fettle with your wiring when the alarms been installed and unplugged something perhaps...

Also if youre from leeds, im over there thursday messing with another mk2 ibiza if you want to pop over... obviously ill have to ask the other chap whos house it is if he minds, but if theres potential for a cheeky mcdonalds paid favor im in

Last edited:

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
the door pin will not push down if the door is open, thats how it is, so the doors need to be shut before the pins can be pushed down for a start...

Not sure what the spring clip behind the yellow cap is, but test to see if the pump works as it should with the key in the door lock when locking the car...

If nothing id probably suggest that someones had a fettle with your wiring when the alarms been installed and unplugged something perhaps...

Also if youre from leeds, im over there thursday messing with another mk2 ibiza if you want to pop over... obviously ill have to ask the other chap whos house it is if he minds, but if theres potential for a cheeky mcdonalds paid favor im in

hmmm thanks for the offer mate...unfirtunately im no where near. With the key in any of the locks it does nothing....the alarm was fitted nearly 2 years ago.

I dont know what else it could be. I might have to just get a new pump by the looks of it.

If inwas up by leeds id def be up for it.

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
has the key ever worked in the doors??
could be that the locks on the doors have been changed, or the ignition barrell has been changed, and someone didnt bother to change everything else so the key will only work with the ignition

Thats a good point. I remember the central locking on the original key not working...putting the key into drivers side door and it would just spin.

But it would work in the passenger side door.

Thats why i got the clifford fitted.

The alarm still arms itself.....its just the loocks dont engage.

Could it possibly be that the alarm isnt sending a signal to the pump if it even does that?

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
yea could likely be that, or the fuse has blown maybe?
if the pump is actually making a noise then its likely not that thats at fault, so id be looking at fuses and wiring really...
Its one of those, if you could see it in person itd probably be easy to solve, but over the internet youre really just putting out ideas of what it 'could' be :/

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.