jc_boc's new mk2 leon cupra BTCC - SOLD

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
I'm not a fan of the mk2 Leon as a whole, but DAYAM they add something. Anthracite would look epic on them :)

Are they snow or 'just' winter tyres? Performance review? ;)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2007
cars looking deadly as always Jase.

I know you said the wheels were a bargain, but didn't expect that !!! :D

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I'm not a fan of the mk2 Leon as a whole, but DAYAM they add something. Anthracite would look epic on them :)

Are they snow or 'just' winter tyres? Performance review? ;)

They are just winters mate but they are grippy as hell tbh. Far less wheelspin when i open her up a bit versus the toyos I have on atm hahahaha

cars looking deadly as always Jase.

I know you said the wheels were a bargain, but didn't expect that !!! :D

Thanks Mylo yeah they were an absolute bargain hahahahaha. I se ethere have been some interesting developments with your motor too. ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thought Aero bumpers were an MOT fail?! :cartman:

Good stuff mate! Just in time for some major wheelspin on the greasy winter roads :lol:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Thought Aero bumpers were an MOT fail?! :cartman:

Good stuff mate! Just in time for some major wheelspin on the greasy winter roads :lol:

Hahahaha, got the winter tyres on mate and taking it easy.

Prefer the new wheels to the LM's mate.

Thanks mate, they have grown on me too now. Other wheels and tyres are up for sale on various websites. Can't believe some of the stupid offers some folk have made me for them. :ban: I will be looking at plastidipping these wheels next year, can have anthracite colour made up so I may just go down that route ;)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Well my 3d gel centre caps have been made up and will hopefully get them fitted on the week-end. I like them. Had two flipped so the image faces forwards on each respective side ;)

20121121_104931.jpg

20121121_104909.jpg

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Small kerb on the effing front wheel yesterday!!!!! Damn me for listening to my missus. I avoid those damn calming zones for a reason!!!!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah thankfully not too bad Mark. Still doesn't lessen the annoyance hahahha Trying sooo hard to look after them.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Well after some clutch slip started a while ago I have no choice but to upgrade the clutch now. So enter stage left 1x SACHS upgraded clutch kit. Should hopefully get this fitted within the next two weeks.

20130107_091636_zps20e949de.jpg

20130107_091425_zps3e079205.jpg

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I found mine very heavy in traffic!!...

This kit is OEM feel mate but uprated to handle more torque. All the feedback I have had on this has been very positive and most of the guys on MKV have the same setup from the group buy they had. I will see how it feels anyway but I am sure I can manage. Only really use the car on week-ends hehehehehe Gonna take a loooooong time to bed it in with the amount of driving I do hahahaha

Last edited:

Lee M

I'm not far behind you with the install of a new clutch Jase. Anything else you / people recommend whilst clutch (and possibly single/dual mass fly) is being done? Other than stg2+ bits and an insert on the dog bone mount the car is standard.

Cheers

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
im also having my old FR TDI clutch fitted to my 2.0TFSI after OEM set up started slipping badly recently

im having Stage2 organic clutch and SMF fitted along with a quaife lsd

10man

Revo'd cupra k1
Sep 11, 2009
long eaton, notts
Well after some clutch slip started a while ago I have no choice but to upgrade the clutch now. So enter stage left 1x SACHS upgraded clutch kit. Should hopefully get this fitted within the next two weeks.

20130107_091636_zps20e949de.jpg

20130107_091425_zps3e079205.jpg

Hi ya mate, started to get clutch slip on mine, any chance you could share were you got this an cost?? Cheers

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hi ya mate, started to get clutch slip on mine, any chance you could share were you got this an cost?? Cheers

Hi mate. I got it from APS - www.autops.co.uk Speak to Ed Jackson and tell him I refered you. I think it came to £475.00 roughly incl and shipping. The release bearing i got from TPS at about £45.00 as I get discount with them :p

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
im also having my old FR TDI clutch fitted to my 2.0TFSI after OEM set up started slipping badly recently

im having Stage2 organic clutch and SMF fitted along with a quaife lsd

SMF wont give an OEM feel I believe mate and you will have some rattling. If you are not going to be tracking your car often I wouldn't waste time with a diff, I said the same to Lee as I had a peloquin one and sold it myself.