Final crank sensor issue

Ok .... So after trying to get my " crank shaft sensor" in I had the following

Put the new crank sensor in = car don't fire up at all

Put old tired crank sensor in car fires up but with bit of lag ...

Anyone fancy shedding some light on this one ?

Is it a fault seat part ????

Iv changed my glow plugs & glow plug wiring loom but the car seems slightly uneasy when starting on cold like it takes a few more seconds then it should ......

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Engine speed sensor failure will prevent the engine from starting. The new sensor is either not installed correctly, the wrong part, or faulty.

You are waiting for the glow plug light to go out, I hope? You should fire up the engine as soon as the glow plug light goes out, but not before.

Hi pal ..... Iv made sure it fits perfectly as I tried it the same way for both

It fits spot on and I'm sure it's the right part .... Think it's faulty as the car don't even want to start .... The old one still starts the car just rather lumpy

Yes mate I wait for the coil light to go off and in extreme cold weather i. Use the double warm up method (warm up glow plugs twice then start the car up)

I don't know how to explain it but right now there's just slight .... Slack like for a second it feels like it don't want to start up

My mechanic is saying the crank shaft sensor I have now is good as it starts the car up & he had cleaned it but I'm suggesting a new one as its lumpy :/ can this effect the start up of the car ???

Ps muttley does seat return parts that were faulty or I did not require?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
There are checks you can do on the speed sensor and wiring.

http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/doc/S.en-GB.1M-MG-MGARL/21059639/2

Cold starts are always the hardest on the electrical system, the battery is cold as well as everything else. Is it possible that the battery is on the way out? This time of year is when they start to give up with the onset of cold weather.

I've no idea if Seat will accept returns, I've never had to do it. A faulty part, if it can be proved to have been faulty out of the box, should be returnable for a refund.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Did you check the part number on the sensor when you removed it against the new one ???

They normally have the part number moulded into them ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.