Projector headlights...?

jamie_

Dec 22, 2010
Cumbria
They're rare in the mk4 it's the ones with the glass some infront of the bulb. I have only ever seen factory ones on one Ibiza mk4 before

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Cupra's definitely never came with projectors as the intercooler pipework obstructed the washer jets which go in the bumper on the FR.

I've retrofitted the OEM xenons, but I have no washers.

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
Cupra's definitely never came with projectors as the intercooler pipework obstructed the washer jets which go in the bumper on the FR.

I've retrofitted the OEM xenons, but I have no washers.

So we're saying the FR does have projector lamps and as such H I D lighting?

If so, Is it possible then to buy and fit headlights into my Cupra from an FR?

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
No, projectors and xenons were an option on FRs and other models. Very few actually have them fitted. But they were never an option for cupras

Ah, right I'm with you. Hmmm, chances of finding a second hand set are quite minimal then :( I suppose I could buy a pair from a dealership, these are gonna cost a few hundred quid?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
From a dealer yes, a few hundred quid. Keep scouring ebay and some may pop up, that's where I got mine from.

DeanzVrs

Oct 26, 2012
South Yorkshire
You can get a set made by DEPO that are the factory Xenon type units....then order the D1S HID Kit for them, plug and play and boom, got factory Xenon look for around £250. £100 per light unit and £50 for a HID kit. That's what i'm doing when i get mine. Did exactly the same with my Fabia VRS.

Here's the link on DEPO's site....(can't post it cos i'm at lower than 15 posts!) but go to google, type in DEPO headlights, then go to their site, click "products" then type in the model of car, just write "ibiza" click the blue PDF Document on the right and when it loads up the unit is on the 3rd page, 3rd unit down on the left hand side.

You can call WINGMIRRORMAN.COM and they can get them for you. That's where i got the Fabia one's from and quite a few of us did it on briskoda. IMO spending a little more cash and getting the complete look is way better than fitting a HID kit to standard halogen headlight units.

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
You can get a set made by DEPO that are the factory Xenon type units....then order the D1S HID Kit for them, plug and play and boom, got factory Xenon look for around £250. £100 per light unit and £50 for a HID kit. That's what i'm doing when i get mine. Did exactly the same with my Fabia VRS.

Here's the link on DEPO's site....(can't post it cos i'm at lower than 15 posts!) but go to google, type in DEPO headlights, then go to their site, click "products" then type in the model of car, just write "ibiza" click the blue PDF Document on the right and when it loads up the unit is on the 3rd page, 3rd unit down on the left hand side.

You can call WINGMIRRORMAN.COM and they can get them for you. That's where i got the Fabia one's from and quite a few of us did it on briskoda. IMO spending a little more cash and getting the complete look is way better than fitting a HID kit to standard halogen headlight units.

Little too pricey there, though I appreciate it's probably the better option than simply employing an H I D kit to the reflector units.

However I was really pleased with the H I D kit I had in my Evolution IV GSR. They were cerainly reflector lamps, but the pattern was very good.:) I'll probably go with another H I D kit and re fit the O E M kit if I need to come M O T, buit thats nearly a year away.

Thanks for info anyway, I'll bear it in mind.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.