Valve Relocation Kit

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Forge site says: "This kit allows you to relocate the diverter valve from the hot side of the turbo to the cold side of the intercooler. By relocating the valve in this way there are two benefits. Firstly, due to operating in lower temperatures the longevity of the valve is increased. Secondly, after relocation, the air that is recirculated back into the intake tract to the turbo will be cooler. Cooler air has a greater density. The greater the density of the charge mix in the cylinder the more power generated on combustion."

This help?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
When I fitted it to mine the DV seemed to respond much quicker than before. Made my exhaust pop on gearchanges until the ECU had got used to it too. I'd recommend it for sure. It looks good under the bonnet too.

Ryann101

Sep 2, 2012
Cambridge
Just had a look on my engine and on the forge pipe on the front mount it doesnt have a pipe leading off to where the DV would go? if you know what i mean

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
Ive got one fitted to mine too and it also popped and banged like Rich has already said. Also looks good too.

Ryann101

Sep 2, 2012
Cambridge
looks good mate. You know the blue pipe in the picture attached to front mount, my pipe doesn't have that little bit coming off of it

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
That comes with the kit I think. £120+ is a bit steep for just a short section of hose and a 90 degree plastic bend lol.

Is yours currently stock?

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
does this improve the performance of the car?

Forge site says: "This kit allows you to relocate the diverter valve from the hot side of the turbo to the cold side of the intercooler. By relocating the valve in this way there are two benefits. Firstly, due to operating in lower temperatures the longevity of the valve is increased. Secondly, after relocation, the air that is recirculated back into the intake tract to the turbo will be cooler. Cooler air has a greater density. The greater the density of the charge mix in the cylinder the more power generated on combustion."

This help?

The DV also reacts more quickly in my opinion.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.