Rattly as fook.

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
Hi,

My LCR, its a 54 plate on 78k, I love the thing but the rattles are really starting to damp my enjoyment of the car :(

The rear end is rediculous, sounds like every single piece of plastic rattles at its own given time. The arm rest rattles to the point I've fixed it in the up position (however I suspect mine isn't OEM). The doors rattle if I have the window half open. The dash has started squeaking.

Honestly, my fuel bill at the moment is rediculous as I have to have the miltek singing at full volume to cover the symphony that is my interior.

Is this normal? It seems every time I try to cure a rattle, 3 more appear so I've stopped trying :lol:

I was expecting it to be quite peaceful in there with everything I'd heard about VAG over the years, but its really irritating now.

Are most of them like this? I want it silent in there, am I fighting a losing battle? Do any of you have a rattle free interior?

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
Just feels like its falling apart, its okay on my own with the tunes up, but when I've got passengers and try to be polite, the car just does my head in and it makes it look like a cheap pile of turd.

I know its just a Seat, but surely it should still feel quite tight and well put together?

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
To be fair that's all I wanted to hear, if mine is unusually bad it must be something I can sort rather than how they all are.

Where to start... :lol:

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
Na the cars fine, mechanically I've got a lot of faith in it, which is the important part! Hard to be motivated with the dark nights but I'll give iy some love and get it tight again haha

dreago 1

Gav
Oct 21, 2011
East Sussex
Bushes? I have a rattle behind my dash and have done for a few years. I found out that it may be the dash mounts which have worked loose. This would make sense however I have no idea how to get down the back or take the dash off. I have recently got ap’s and the super pro bush kit which has sorted a lot of the noises out however as the car is tight and firm the dash rattle is back with vengeance so might be worth getting them checked.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I have the same issues with some rattling from the rear. I've unclipped/screwed every bit of plastic trim there and re-secured it but to no avail. I think the culprit could be the parcel shelf or the plastics on the boot lid itself. Need to get the trusty old torx and posidrive set out and have a look round!

If you find anything when looking at yours please let me know, would be interesting to see if it's the same in mine.

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
Mine rattles from what seems to be between the Dash and windscreen?Where are the dash mounts situated?

dreago 1

Gav
Oct 21, 2011
East Sussex
Mine rattles from what seems to be between the Dash and windscreen?Where are the dash mounts situated?

I believe this is my problem, however taking the dash off is not going to be fun. I may try and see if its the alarm siren under the skurtle. Can annoy one put a sound clip up of the rattle? See if its the same as mine?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
Mids
I believe this is my problem, however taking the dash off is not going to be fun. I may try and see if its the alarm siren under the skurtle. Can annoy one put a sound clip up of the rattle? See if its the same as mine?

Mine does it also !! It's not a rattle though it sounds like the wiring loom chattering under the dash, both my cupra have done this also, sometimes I can push my tweeter speaker in with the dash by the head light switch and the sounds quitens down, I will take the dash panel out at some point as mine is directly behind this and slightly to the the right.....

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
I suspect the cold weather has caused the centre dash vent (top of dash closest to windscreen) to squeak a little where the plastic grid meets the rubberised plastic dash top. Not sure how to cure it! If I can pop the grille out without ruining it, I might try adding some foam or glue or something..

Alex

dreago 1

Gav
Oct 21, 2011
East Sussex
I have tried to rest my hand on it whilst driving to see if pressure stops it but to no avail. I am going to try and see if the alarm siren is causing it otherwise it dash off job I think.