VRSLOZ's MK2 Skoda Fabia vRS - Powered By TMC & ITG @ 211.6 BHP

Aug 3, 2011
I disagree with all the above comments. Loz only won because all the other Skodas were Slodas!

;) Naah well done mate Im happy for you

I want a prize- I could of won the rarest colour of the show award *sobs*

Last edited:

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I disagree with all the above comments. Loz only won because all the other Skodas were Slodas!

;) Naah well done mate Im happy for you

I want a prize- I could of won the rarest colour of the show award *sobs*

Yuck fou :p cheers bud! I do think yours was the only Tribu I saw!

Just wanted to say what a cracking example you have made of you're VRS. I enjoy just admiring the pictures :D

Thanks mate, really appreciate that :D

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Ok, it's been a long time since I updated this topic and this will be a long post so you may want to get yourself a cuppa before we begin!

It's been a bit of a testing journey with the vRS since GTI International, my wallet has taken a little bit of a battering (when doesn't it with cars!) and I've started to question my ownership of the car.

First problem I had was 2 months ago, the car started to wobble and shake when going over 60 mph. Motorway journeys were getting to the point where I felt like I wasn't in control so I took it to my local tyre place who fitted my springs. I asked them to check the tracking and balancing, they both came back fine, which threw me a little. The fitter started to check the tyres and found the problem, one of the Vredstein's had warped and had a massive bubble in it. There wasn't a lot of tread left on the front pair (they had covered 10k miles) so I decided to bite the bullet and get 2 new ones fitted. The only tyres in 215-40-17 they had in stock were Eagle F1 GSD3 so I took those.

Goodyeareaglef1gsd3-1.jpg

Goodyeareaglef1gsd3-2.jpg

Goodyeareaglef1gsd3-1.jpg

They seem to have a lot of grip like the Vredstein's but I haven't had chance to test them properly yet.

A week later I had the car booked in with Vindis Skoda in Cambridge to have it's second service done, another cost but it needed to be done. The car has just hit 25k miles so it was needed ASAP. When I took the car into them I asked them to also check the oil usage, the car has used 19 litres of oil since new and of course I was worried.

The service was done at a very good price but they discovered that when I has my car lowered it seems the fitter had caught the CV boot. Instead of telling me about this at the time they just replaced it with a non OEM part, unfortunately it had split again! As it wasn't replaced by an OEM part warranty wouldn't cover the repair so I had to pay out for that to be fixed, to be honest though Vindis did it at a good price.

I took the car back the next week for the repair. While it was having the CV boot replaced it was decided that my car needed to have an oil consumption test carried out on it to test whether it needed to be looked into more. For the next week I drove it normally for 400 miles and took it back the next Saturday.

Third Saturday in a row at the garage, I felt like I should be paying them rent! The car went into the workshop to have the oil drained and weighed, while I went and got a fry up! I got a call to come back in and we discussed what had been found. The oil usage was thought to be excessive but it would be down to Skoda UK to make the call on the next step. The data was sent off to them and the garage would call me when they hear back.

The following Wednesday I got a call, Skoda UK wanted Vindis to check whether I had the new "Oil Breather Pipe Fix" fitted to the engine so I drove back down to the garage on the Saturday. The car was checked and to my surprise it already had the fix on the car. It was then decided that the car would need a new engine @ 26k miles :(. It was my worst fear come true for the car and I felt really deflated (this was the day after my birthday!). They didn't have any loan cars available that day so we decided that I'd drop it off the following weekend.

Fifth weekend in a row now, surely I deserved my own parking spot! I dropped the Fabia into them and got given an Octavia to get me around for the next week :

Octavia.jpg

Octavia1.jpg

Octavia2.jpg

Octavia3.jpg

Bit of a difference from 200bhp+ I was used to. It was a Greenline 1.6 diesel, it was actually surprising comfy and the MPG was amazing but just lacked any appeal to me.

The Friday after I received a call from Vindis saying they were just finishing with the car but they wanted to keep it for a couple more days to test it. I really missed it at this point but I agreed as I wanted to get the car back running right.

Yesterday was finally the day I was able to pick up the vRS, after all the problems I've had. Getting back in it I felt happy but still unsure what I want to do with it. I really do love this car, it's my favourite out of all I have owned but I really need these problems to stop (I know, you can't predict them but it's only a year and a half old).

Got it washed and took some pictures today to make myself feel better, will see what happens in the future as to what I'll do, keep or sell.

tunnel2.jpg

tunnel3.jpg

Thanks for reading guys

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Sorry to hear your woes mate. I know how much you love that car and hopefully the new engine will behave itself and you can carry on your love affair hehehehehe. I love the spot you chose for your pics, where was it and when are you taking me there???!!!! Catch up soon buddy.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good to see you update the thread mate, but the problems you've had are really gutting :(

Fingers crossed this is the last of them for a long time. I agree it's concerning being the age it is, but I think there is no safe reliable purchase these days. The more advanced the cars get the new and more uncommon issues seem to crop up with reliability, it's all a learning curve for manufacturers it seems sometimes.

The 1st pic with the graffiti behind the car is really cool, loving that! :)

Enjoy the car for a bit mate and get the love back! It's a cracking little motor :D

Dec 3, 2009
Gutted pal! I got a new engine in mine at 23k miles, this was 2 months ago. The car is running smoothly with the engine.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Cheers for the support guys. Jas, the tunnel is about 20 mins from mine, we'll hook up soon and pop down there ;)

Will see how the car goes in the coming weeks then I'll decide if I want to keep her

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Well, it had to happen in the end!

After 19 months of owning the vRS, having lots of fun and lots of up and down moments I've sold the car. A number of factors contributed to it, not just the oil worry, even though the engine had been changed but I also want to get on the property ladder and needed to free up some cash from the car.

The vRS is still easily one of the best cars I've ever owned, something that put a smile on my face constantly when I drove it! I will be looking for a cheap run around to get me to work and back, not sure how I will get on after having all the power of the Fabia!

Will still keep an eye on the forums where I can, thanks for all the comments in this thread :)

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
Sorry to hear your selling the car mate, you have worked so hard on the car and it shows! The cars a real beaut, all the best for getting on the property ladder mate but that is where the real money is :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Sorry to hear mate but needs must and the property ladder is a bigger priority for sure.

Great work with the Fab while you had it, was a sweet little ride! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.