Changing The Plugs

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
To cut a long story short, the plugs need changed however I know that the coilpacks can be a pain to remove on these engines, is it advisable to get the removal tool or can it be done relatively easy without it?

Aug 3, 2011
You make me laugh Steve!

Let us know how you get along. I might uprate my plugs. Still running standards.

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
You make me laugh Steve!

Let us know how you get along. I might uprate my plugs. Still running standards.

Ended up just getting the removal tool from Awesome, was only £15 shipped and can always flog it on if it's not really needed. Better safe than sorry n all that carry on.

Buy yeah the cable tie trick has been known to work on stubborn coilpacks :p

Apr 9, 2009
I've had cable ties break on me back when i had problems with mine :lol: worth grabbing the tool at the price, will make it much easier :)

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
Figured I'd bump this.

You make me laugh Steve!

The removal tool is definitely recommended Jay, easy and pain free and well worth the money.

First two plugs were easy enough to do (starting from the right hand side) the next one in was annoying as there is a pipe directly above the coilpack but you can twist the pack to miss the pipe to get the connector off. Just gotta be careful you don't yank it out too hard and catch it. The last one (far left) is a royal pain in the arse, you have to remove pipes etc out of the way (if you've had the engine cover off you'll know what I mean) to get proper access to the coil pack. The first three were a walk in the park and the last one took about 10min from start to finish due to having to take stuff apart and put it all back together.

Can't really say too much on the plugs as such as I need to drop the gap on them slightly but they do run the 95mode clean enough (as you seen from my graph), the plugs will get done either this weekend or next depending on when I get the stuff to gap them correctly. I'll also try to remember some pictures and throw a little guide together just incase anyone like myself was scared to get stuck in about the pipes :D

Mar 13, 2010
just got myself one of them tools from awesome, will see what the crack is early next week.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members