Mk1 Ibiza System Porsche

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
Lookin awesome man, I've got a long way to go, looking at a long haul to get my mk1 anywhere near this beaut!! :)

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Just got the stuff through to do the door cards, so I've quickly tacked it to the original card and put everything in place.

Will look a bit neater when I come round to installing it for real, and the seats will be getting covers

Quick before and after
P1020117.jpg

2012-11-14134200.jpg

Also got my eye on some Mk3 Golf VR6 coilovers for the front, they fit with slight midification i think, so hopefully I can get the front ed down another inch or so

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks guys. As for looking like a golf, this was the original design for the Mk2, but VW rejected it, and Seat bought the design. Some mk2 parts do fit.

As for selling it, I doubt I'll part with it as its been in the family from new. Also its worth bugger all lol

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
Any of you guys know where to find the interior trim code on a mk1 Ibiza, me door card is missing a speaker trim!! Can't find anything 2nd hand so speaking to SEAT but they need trim code and I'm f*cked if I know where it is?? :/

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Common problem that mate, I've trekked to a couple of scrappers only to find they're mk2's. Very few mk1s even at scrappers, most simply got chucked in the crushers. Spain and Germany are pretty much the only places I can ever find bits n bobs these days.

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
Lot of usefull stuff on German e-bay. Wiper switch comes with interior trim bits. I've several issues with my mk1 , hopefully can get sorted as welding is complete on bodywork and she runs like a dream (1.5i GLX) Bought this car for my mrs , but it grew on me fast and after I seen your beaut I thought maybe one day!
1) Rear Wiper works intermittant (testing motor tomorrow, I think its the switch)
2) Passenger Speaker/Door trim missing
3) Speedo doesn't work (transducer £49 from SEAT)
4) Electric windows were working but have stopped (switches or wiring)
5) Heater motor is noisier than the engine
6) Passenger door lock motor failed (universal one coming from e-bay)
7) Parcel shelf hinge brackets dodgy keeps falling backwards ino boot when t/gate lifts
8) Spare wheel in boot and missing jack/brace

Going to have a strip down tomorrow see what I need. Tried to post a few pics but i'm a bit techtarded and couldn't fettle URL to upload pics

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
There was a jack on ebay uk for a fiver i think.
You're has many more mod cons than mine! lol

mine only has rear speakers, no central locking, no elecy windows. I've took the rear wiper off, so if motor on yours is buggered, let me know and ill post a pic of mine and if its same you can have it.

Parcel shelf is a dodgy thing, kinda pushes in to back seats, not sure if mine falls off as the gad struts are knackered so i have to ballance the boot on my head lol.

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
Haha you'll end up with sore head if you slam the boot! You can get aftermarket boot struts don't think they are badly priced. More mod cons means more problems like most cars, basic is best when you think of all the electric faults on newer cars. Seen the jack but I wasn't sure how it all mounted next to the engine, I've got two spares in the boot so i'll have a look tomorrow see how it all fits in there. I'll let you know on the rear wiper situation after tested , thanks.

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
My mate has tried to join forum, he hasn't got a seat but he's excited about my project and is well impressed with your ibiza , it won't let him join and says he is banned, reason: not specified, date the ban will be lifted : never, have you heard of this before ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.