wiring for gauges and turbo timer

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
well as the title says, im needing to get my gauges and turbo timer wired up, what i need to know is, what wires are what? i have a set of smoked dynamix gauges so the lights need to be on all the time when the ignition is on.
also i cant seem to find a proper wiring harness for the turbo timer so i think im gonna have to hard wire it into the original wires unless someone can point me in the right direction of a harness?

if anyone has a wiring diagram or can just help in general that would be cool!! anyone in aberdeen area that would like to give me a hand would be much appreciated too :D

RICKY3

Jun 2, 2012
AYRSHIRE
Have you checked the turbo timer will work on your car because i know on the mk1 leon it causes problems with the alarm As for the gauge what colours are the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
That is something i have been told may cause a problem, i have been told there is a way round it? I know that people have put turbo timers in their ibizas too.
I know what all the wires on the gauges are for, its just the wiring on the car im not sure about,

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
As they are smoked gauges you just need to wire them to any ignition switched live

Cig lighter is probably best bet, just use a volt meter to find which wire returns the volts when the ignition is switched on and job done

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
As they are smoked gauges you just need to wire them to any ignition switched live

Cig lighter is probably best bet, just use a volt meter to find which wire returns the volts when the ignition is switched on and job done

isnt the cig lighter permanent live in these? if not then this will be easier than i thought haha

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
The lighter also has a switched live for the ring light around it so it will still work off that

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

stupac

Hybrid Mk3 Power
Aug 10, 2007
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hey bud, i just wondered what turbo timer you have? only reason i ask is that im running an apexi turbo timer with no problems? didnt require any additional wiring harness etc either!?

cant promise it would help but you can always have a look at the wiring on mine at some point if you need!

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Hey bud, i just wondered what turbo timer you have? only reason i ask is that im running an apexi turbo timer with no problems? didnt require any additional wiring harness etc either!?

cant promise it would help but you can always have a look at the wiring on mine at some point if you need!

its a hks type 0 i have bud, i just wondered about the harness as its possible to get a harness rather than splicing into wiring, i dont mind if i have to though. that would be great if i could have a look of yours mate.
you going to the meet tonight?
my car is off the road once again due to exhaust manifold, once again, haha, but hoping to have it back on the go tonight, freshly tig welded

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.