blackmagicibiza's 1.2 mk5

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmagicibiza

black magic ibiza :D
May 18, 2010
suffolk
When you put your splitter on did you have to bend it much?

Hey, basically when I put it on I started from the middle and worked out. As the splitter is a different shape to the Ibiza bumpers I used a heat gun to heat the splitter and bend it into place. I also took a few small chunks out of the inside edge of the splitter to help it bend and hold shape better. I used self tapping screws to fix it to the bumper. Then once it was done I cut the ends off to make it look a little better. To be completely honest I haven't seen a better one yet as people seem to just fix it on without properly bending it. Hope that helps

blackmagicibiza

May 18, 2010
suffolk
Small update:

Well a few months ago I noticed the car was misfiring slightly but kept forgetting to but some spark plugs to see if it sorted it. Well today I finally remembered and went down the local parts place and picked up 3 NGK spark plugs for the little engine :D once i had figured out how to get the coil packs off and found the spark plug socket it was out with the old

ytezu4uq.jpg

And in with the new

ze2ygu2y.jpg

Then took the car for a drive and it seems to respond slightly better and also doesn't seem to misfire anymore. My next update will probably be the removal of the green wheels :( to be replaced with the steelies for winter :(

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Northern Ireland, Portadown
Hey, basically when I put it on I started from the middle and worked out. As the splitter is a different shape to the Ibiza bumpers I used a heat gun to heat the splitter and bend it into place. I also took a few small chunks out of the inside edge of the splitter to help it bend and hold shape better. I used self tapping screws to fix it to the bumper. Then once it was done I cut the ends off to make it look a little better. To be completely honest I haven't seen a better one yet as people seem to just fix it on without properly bending it. Hope that helps

Cheers lad, was gonna use a heat gun myself :) but never thought about cutting wee bits off it too make it easier to bend :) cheers :D

blackmagicibiza

May 18, 2010
suffolk
Cheers lad, was gonna use a heat gun myself :) but never thought about cutting wee bits off it too make it easier to bend :) cheers :D

No problem. I might be buying another splitter off my mate to do it again because I got the heat gun to close to the splitter and melted it slightly lol. It's annoying but most people don't notice it, but I know it's there lol

blackmagicibiza

May 18, 2010
suffolk
Lol. Well all week I have been trying to decide what to do with the Ibiza in march, the options are

- sell it and but a diesel car cheapish and use the rest of the money to pay off finance and drift spec the BMW
- keep it on the road
- store it away and use the BMW.

Decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.