DSG & Supercopa questions

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Sorry fellas, by the time I got going it was getting dark and after the journey the car is filthy but rest assured there'll be pics up soon.

Back end looks especially good with the black diffuser, really pleased with that bit.

Who supplies the cheapest armrests these days?

richroberts

Aug 16, 2007
Worcester
Welcome to the world of DSG, where we have relaxed left legs and arms! Did u have the option with the paddles behind the steering wheel? It's not something I have but think they would be great!

interchangeable

Another DSG advantage is when it's been snowing and you live on a hill(like I do),just put in drive and don't touch the throttle.It will pull itself up nicely with no wheelspin,unlike in a manual gearbox car.
Great choice of car by the way,I have a red petrol Supercopa with black wheels and DSG(obviously!)

andy-fr

Do all DSG's have flappy paddles behind steering wheel? Or is that an optional extra?

Sorry for newbie question lol new to seats and trying to get as much info before I purchase

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I think I've seen evidence of some older Ibizas without paddles. But Leons all do.

They're great. Especially with nice extensions like mine ;)

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Official armrest - ordered

Gloss black B pillar covers - ordered

Carbon DSG paddle extensions - ordered

LED sidelights - ordered

LED reversing light - ordered

Colour of andromeda alloy wheels - undecided

Just drove 140 miles in utter relaxation. DSG is definitely the way forward!

Drizzle

Darren -
Oct 5, 2012
Wigan
Official armrest - ordered

Gloss black B pillar covers - ordered

Carbon DSG paddle extensions - ordered

LED sidelights - ordered

LED reversing light - ordered

Colour of andromeda alloy wheels - undecided

Just drove 140 miles in utter relaxation. DSG is definitely the way forward!
Nice list.. Links to stuff ?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
So your wife sorts out the two year old while you check the forum to see what you've missed out on? :lol:

Lol! Nah I had just settled in again after being up for the 5th time. Figured I might as well feed my compulsive desire for SCN while I settle my nerves.

....and it was 3.27 ;)

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
OH MY GOD!

I'm sat here with the gloss black b-pillar covers and armrest. Apparently they arrived on Friday morning but my goldfish-brained wife put them in the garage and forget about them until now!

I could have had them fitted and gawped over by now!

Good job I've got tomorrow off or else she's need her "walked into a cupboard door" glasses!

Hoping it will give me an hour of rain free time then I can wash her and get all this fitted.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
How come you have just ordered the B pillars ? Isn't that going to look strange with a plastic C pillar ?

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Will do mate. I'll try to get some before and after but I'm currently hearing nothing but the rain beating down so it might all be a wash out. The armrest must be a newer sort, the material is all black and suits the interior spot on. I've had 4 so far and theyve all had red dots on them.

I'm on the look out for one of the little parcel shelves for storage if anybody knows where I can get one?

I think I've decided on metallic graphite for the wheels to, like the Borbet LV5 alloys.

Cheers.

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
I know what you mean benjic2 but after trying and failing to swap the c-pillar on my first leon I vowed never to buy them again. Although, when the car is in for it's first service I might see if the dealers will fit them for me.

Or I might just chav it up with some gloss black hammerite!

;-)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.